Defined by the Janis Joplin-esque vocals of frontwoman Brittany Howard, Athens quartet Alabama Shakes became unexpected chart-toppers with a nostalgic blend of roots rock, Memphis soul and Southern blues. Formed by singer/guitarist Howard and her bassist high school friend Zac Cockrell in 2009, the group’s line-up was completed shortly after when guitarist Heath Fogg and drummer Steve Johnson joined the fold. The band first began performing covers of songs by Led Zeppelin, James Brown and AC/DC under the guise of The Shakes before adding their home state to their name and switching their focus to original material. In 2011, the group were invited to appear at the CMJ Music Marathon, soundtracked a Zales jewellery commercial and were named as one of MTV’s Eleven Artists to Watch in 2012.
The band began to live up to their early hype when they signed with ATO Records and reached number six on the Billboard 200 with debut album, Boys & Girls, a powerful retro-modern affair which drew comparisons with the likes of Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, The Black Keys and Jack White, the latter of whom invited Howard to record a cover of Rodriguez’s “I Wonder” for his Third Man Records label. Festival sets at Bonnaroo and the Newport Folk Festival, a national TV debut on Conan and a first entry on the US Hot 100 with the single, “Hold On,” all helped to push the record to sales of nearly a million in North America alone.
The band continued to be just as visible in 2013 as they toured the album across the globe, appearing at the UK’s Glastonbury, Belgium’s Pukkelpop and their homeland’s Firefly and BottleRock Napa Valley festivals, and contributing a song (“Driva Man”) to the soundtrack of Oscar-winning drama 12 Years A Slave. Showcasing a more experimental direction, 2015 sophomore Sound & Color saw the band embrace everything from psychedelia to funk, while still retaining their signature old-school vibes, a move which reaped rewards when the album entered the US charts at number one, shifting nearly 100,000 copies in its first week.
Alabama Shakes then took the record on the road, appearing at the likes of Coachella and Australia’s Byron Bay Bluesfest, as well as launching a headlining tour across North America.
Sound & Color (2015)
Boys & Girls (2012)
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Alabama shakes tickets for every date on the band’s North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Alabama shakes tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on Alabama shakes’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Alabama shakes tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Alabama shakes tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Alabama shakes tickets through TicketIQ.
Alabama Shakes Ticket News
2-17-16: Fresh off a three Grammy Award night on Monday, Alabama Shakes will keep the fun going well through the summer. The group on Wednesday announced additional U.S. shows along their "Sound & Color" Tour, which now has them touring through mid-August. View the complete tour docket above in the "schedule" tab" and make sure to check back here for the latest Alabama Shakes tour news and updates.
1-20-16: The beat goes on for Alabama Shakes. The roots rock band has announced the latest North American tour dates in support of their album Sound & Color, which will take them across the U.S. and Canada in April, May and July. Check out the complete list of tour above in the "schedule" tab.
5-6-15: The Alabama Shakes will rev things back up on the road on May 28 when they hit the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis. The band will tour that leg through the end of June, and tickets average at $78.11 on the secondary market. They’ll make their most expensive solo tour stop on May 30 at Hall’s Island, where tickets average at $114.86 and get-in price starts at $90.
Alabama Shakes Performance Videos
Alabama Shakes Tour Dates
Alabama Shakes 'Sound & Color' 2016 Tour Dates
03-11 Bogota, Colombia - Festival Estereo Picnic
03-13 São Paulo, Brazil - Lollapalooza Brazil
03-14 São Paulo, Brazil - Lollapalooza Brazil Sideshow at Club Audio
03-15 São Paulo, Brazil - Lollapalooza Brazil Sideshow at Circo Voador
03-17 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Lollapalooza Argentina Sideshow at Niceto Club
03-19 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Lollapalooza Argentina
03-20 Santiago, Chile - Lollapalooza Chile
04-21 Nashville, TN - Ascend Amphitheater *
04-22 Charlotte, NC - Uptown Amphitheater *
04-23 Charleston, SC - Volvo Cars Stadium *
04-25 Chattanooga, TN - Track 29 *
04-26 Asheville, NC - ExploreAsheville.com Arena *
04-27 Athens, GA - The Classic Center *
04-29 Ybor City, FL - Cuban Club *
04-30 St. Augustine, FL - St. Augustine Amphitheater *
05-21 Gulf Shores, AL - Hangout Festival
05-27 Bend, OR - Les Schwab Amphitheater ^
05-28 Burnaby, British Columbia - Festival Lawn at Deer Lake Park !
05-29 George, WA - Sasquatch! Music Festival
07-08 London, England - Hyde Park ‒ British Summer Time
07-09 Barcelona, Spain - Cruilla Barcelona Summer Festival
07-15 Memphis, TN - Mud Island Amphitheater
07-16 Louisville, KY - Forecastle
07-19 Chicago, IL - Civic Opera House
07-20 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
08-06 Taos, NM - Kit Carson Park #
08-07 Phoenix, AZ - Comerica Theatre #
08-09-10 Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater #
08-12 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre !
* with Dylan LeBlanc
^ with Hop Along
! with Kurt Vile and the Violators
# with Dawes