The Killers Biography
With their rousing blend of anthemic indie, Britpop and Americana, The Killers have joined the likes of U2 and Coldplay as one of the world’s elite stadium rock bands. Named after the fictional group seen in the video for New Order’s “Crystal,” the Las Vegas outfit was formed by frontman Brandon Flowers and guitarist Dave Keuning in 2001. Flowers and Keuning performed with an ever-revolving lineup across their hometown’s live circuit, before recruiting bassist Mark Stoermer and drummer Ronnie Vanucci Jr a year later. Signed by talent scout Braden Merrick, the band landed a deal with UK indie label Lizard King and after supporting Morrissey, British Sea Power and Stellastarr, The Killers tickets for their first British tour were snapped up by audiences impressed with their Anglicised mid-90’s sound. The 2004 debut album, Hot Fuss, topped the charts in their adopted homeland with the massive hit singles, “Mr. Brightside,” “Somebody Told Me” and “All These Things That I’ve Done”, eventually selling seven million copies worldwide after American listeners succumbed to its charms. Following an appearance at the London leg of Live 8, they embraced the blue-collar rock of Bruce Springsteen for their 2006 second studio effort, Sam’s Town, and went onto release the first of their annual Christmas songs, “A Great Big Sled.” In 2007, The Killers won two BRIT Awards (Best International Group & Album), headlined Glastonbury and released B-sides/rarities collection, Sawdust, in addition to selling all 20,000 The Killers tickets for their show at Madison Square Garden. Having teamed up with Madonna producer Stuart Price, the 2008 hit single “Human” and parent album, Day & Age, saw them flirt with the synth-pop sounds that Flowers had grown up with in the 80’s. After well-received sets at Lollapalooza and Coachella, the group announced a hiatus, allowing Flowers to embark on a successful solo career with the album Flamingo, and both Vanucci and Stoermer to pursue various side-projects. In 2012, they returned with Battle Born, a back-to-basics record which gave them a fourth consecutive UK number one and Billboard Top 10 hit, while The Killers tickets went on sale for their fourth world tour, which will take in Europe, North America and Australia over a four month period across 2012/2013.
A Few Good Reasons to Buy The Killers Tickets on TiqIQ.com
You can discover the best way to find amazing offers on The Killers tickets for all of their North American tour dates with TiqIQ.
- TiqIQ is a comprehensive source of ticket information which brings together the most reputable ticket sellers in the industry to help you choose when and how to buy your The Killers tickets for the best price.
- We show you a list of every The Killers date on their entire North American tour and all available The Killers tickets. Simply find the show you want to see and choose the most suitable purchasing method for you.
- You can buy your The Killers tickets at a set price or you can bid for tickets through various online auctions, where the highest bidder will receive the tickets.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours!
- From seller fees to 3D seating previews which shows you how the gig will look from your section, our totally transparent system allows you to see exactly what you are paying for every time.
- You have the opportunity to view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue which advise you on the best time to purchase your seats.
- You can also save on shipping costs and take advantage of incredible last-minute deals with TiqIQ’s e-ticket filters.
- You can save at least 10% compared to the average market price if your The Killers tickets have the Gold IQ seal, with some lucky ticket buyers saving up to 50% discount on their seats.
- We guarantee you will save money when you buy The Killers tickets through TiqIQ.
The Killers Performance Videos
The Killers News
5-26-15: Frontman Brandon Flowers worked on his solo album while the rest of the members of the rock band took a much needed break. The group is back together now and their are talks of a new album but the band will be on tour regardless.
The Killers Discography
Hot Fuss (2004)
Sam's Town (2006)
Day & Age (2008)
Battle Born (2012)
The Killers Tour Dates
2015 Tour Dates
9/18 - Del Mar, CA @ KaaBoo Festival