Driven by the low-key drawl and guitar distortion of J. Mascis, Dinosaur Jr. helped to usher in the 90s alternative boom with their crushingly loud blend of metal, classic rock and hardcore punk. Formed by Mascis, bassist and regular vocalist Lou Barlow and drummer Murph in Amherst, Massachusetts in 1984, the group recorded an eponymous debut album under the guise of Dinosaur for just $500 a year later. The band began to build on their cult following with a support slot on Sonic Youth’s North American tour and 1987 sophomore You’re Living All Over Me before being forced to add a Jr. to their moniker to avoid being sued by similarly named supergroup The Dinosaurs. Spawning a hit cover of The Cure’s “Just Like Heaven,” 1988’s Bug further established the band on the indie scene, but rising tensions between Mascis and Barlow eventually resulted in the latter’s departure shortly after its release. After recruiting Mike Johnson as his replacement, Dinosaur Jr. signed a major label deal with Sire and scored their first Billboard 200 entry with 1991’s Green Mind. An appearance alongside Blur, My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus and Mary Chain on the Rollercoaster tour continued to raise their profile, resulting in a US Top 50 peak for 1991’s Where You Been. Murph left the fold later that year, leaving Mascis as the only original member, a role which allowed him to serve as multi-instrumentalist and sole producer on 1994’s Without A Sound and 1997’s Hand it Over. Mascis then retired the Dinosaur Jr. name and embarked on a solo career with permanent backing band The Fog, releasing More Light in 2000 and Free So Free two years later. After sharing the stage for several one-off appearances, the founding members of Dinosaur Jr. then staged a full-blown reunion in 2005 with a European tour, before adding to their catalog with a brand new studio effort, 2007’s Beyond. The group’s second wind continued when 2009’s Farm peaked at a career high of No.29 in 2009, while 2012’s tenth studio effort, I Bet On Sky, further prolonged their winning streak. In 2015, the band headed out onto the road with fellow alt-rock pioneers Primus for a major nationwide trek.
You're Living All Over Me (1987)
Green Mind (1991)
Where You Been (1993)
Without a Sound (1994)
Hand It Over (1997)
I Bet On Sky (2012)
Buy Dinosaur Jr. Tickets on TicketIQ
You can discover the best way to find amazing offers on Dinosaur Jr. tickets for all North American tour dates with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of ticket information which brings together the most reputable ticket sellers in the industry to help you choose when and how to buy your Dinosaur Jr. tickets for the best price.
- We show you a list of every Dinosaur Jr. date on the band’s entire North American tour and all available Dinosaur Jr. tickets. Simply find the show you want to see and choose the most suitable purchasing method for you.
- You can buy your Dinosaur Jr. tickets at a set price or you can bid for tickets through various online auctions, where the highest bidder will receive the tickets.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours!
- From seller fees to 3D seating previews which shows you how the gig will look from your section, our totally transparent system allows you to see exactly what you are paying for every time.
- You have the opportunity to view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue which advise you on the best time to purchase your seats.
- You can also save on shipping costs and take advantage of incredible last-minute deals with TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters.
- You can save at least 10% compared to the average market price if your Dinosaur Jr. tickets have the Gold IQ seal, with some lucky ticket buyers saving up to 50% discount on their seats.
- We guarantee you will save money when you buy Dinosaur Jr. tickets through TicketIQ.
Dinosaur Jr. News
8-25-15: It will be a celebration in New York City this December for Dinosaur Jr. The band has announced a six-show campaign at Bowery Ballroom, which will be held between December 3 and 8. They will play their debut full-length, Dinosaur, in its entirety alongside a number of hits from their exhaustive catalogue.
5-29-15: Influential alt-rock band Dinosaur Jr. will be out on the road this summer with Primus for a joint run of shows. 17 collaborative shows are scheduled between July and August, and the average price for Dinosaur Jr. tickets is currently $91.99 on the secondary market. The trio is still out supporting 2012's 'I Bet on Sky', their latest studio effort.
Dinosaur Jr. Performance Videos
Dinosaur Jr. Tour Dates
2015 Tour Dates w/ Primus
7/17 – Wallingford, CT @ Oakdale
7/18 – Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theatre
7/20 – Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore Charlotte
7/23 – Philadelphia, PA @ Penn’s Landing – Festival
7/24 – Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
7/25 – Boston, MA @ Blue Hills Pavilion
7/27 – Portland, ME @ Thompson’s Point
7/28 – Holyoke, MA @ Mountain Park
7/30 – New York, NY @ Pier 97
8/01 – Columbus, OH @ LC Pavillion
8/02 – Sterling Hts, MI @ Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
8/04 – Huber Hts, OH @ Rose Music Center
8/06 – Milwaukee, WI @ Eagle’s Ballroom
8/07 – Papillion, NE @ Sumtur Amphitheater
30th Anniversary Tour Dates
December 12/03-08 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom