The Oakland Athletics, colloquially known as the "A's," are among the oldest baseball franchises in the United States. Originating with gentleman's "Athletic Clubs" in the late 19th century, the Athletics became a full franchised team in the 1901. At the time, they were the Philadelphia Athletics, and they remained so until 1955 when they relocated to Kansas City; however, this proved to be an inadequate fit, and in 1968 they moved to California forming the current Oakland Athletics. The A's were instantly a big hit, as Oakland lacked a major league team up until that point, and Oakland Athletics tickets sold out regularly throughout the 70s and 80s.
Various scandals and a decrease in Oakland Athletics tickets sales led to a decline in the club's popularity, and throughout the late 80s and early 90s the Athletics were considered an inferior team. However, in the late 1990s, the team underwent new management and invented the new form of coaching and player hiring known as "Moneyball." This revolutionary system, now used throughout the league, used varied and new statistics to evaluate and value players for aspects that had previously went ignored and unmeasured. This enabled the Oakland Athletics to fill their roster with talented but undervalued players who were lacking in traditionally measured skills. As such, the Athletics began winning, and the Oakland Athletics tickets kept selling out. The resurrection of a once-dying team and the huge surge in Oakland Athletics tickets sales which followed has since revolutionized the way that players are evaluated, hired, and deployed. It has since inspired books, movies and thousands of fans.
The current Oakland Athletics stadium is known as the O.Co Coliseum, which is an abbreviation for Overstock.com, the stadium's current primary sponsor. A unique multi-purpose stadium, it is home to both the Oakland Athletics and the Oakland Raiders. Originally built in the 1960s as the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, it has undergone several name changes in the intervening years.
Capable of holding at least 35,000 baseball fans, it can be expanded to 60,000 if there is sufficient demand for Oakland Athletics tickets. O.Co Coliseum has effectively the smallest seating area of any MLB stadium, which may explain the price and demand for Oakland Athletics tickets. However, the light demand and casual nature of the fan base means that Oakland Athletics tickets are usually available on game day at the front gate, which makes the team a great option for tourists, visiting fans and casual lovers of baseball.
Most Athletics fans refer to themselves as members of the Athletics Nation and buy clothing, bumper stickers, and hats advertising this. Because the Athletics have been alternately mildly and very successful, its fans tend to be hard-core enthusiasts with a love of the core parts of the game and a deep understanding of its elements. Being the first fans to reap the benefits of "Moneyball," Athletics fans now follow stats like the team's owners, and search for undervalued players accordingly.
- Are you sick and tired of searching around for great deals on your Oakland Athletics tickets? Now you can be sure to find the best prices on all the tickets you need right here in one place
- At TiqIQ, we make purchasing your Oakland Athletics tickets fun and easy.
- Our website offers you a range of purchasing options so you know you are getting the best deal on whatever tickets you buy. Now you can be in control of the Oakland Athletics tickets you purchase, knowing what you are paying for every time!
- We display a list of every Oakland Athletics game for the entire season. All you need to do is choose which game you would like to attend and choose the purchasing method that is right for you
- You can purchase your Oakland Athletics tickets for a fixed price set by the ticket seller
- You can bid for your tickets through online auctions
- AND you can even make an offer on your tickets with certain ticket sellers based on our recommended discount to list prices. If your offer is accepted the tickets are all yours!
- All of these options are available to you on the one site so you don’t have to shop around different sites to find the best price
- We offer 3D seating previews so you can see what the game will look like from your seating section and you can also view zone statistics which display available deals for seating areas in a particular venue.
- You also have the opportunity to buy e-tickets which will save you money on shipping costs and show you great last minute specials and deals
- Buying your Oakland Athletics tickets with TiqIQ is a transparent and efficient way of getting the best possible deal for your seating section and we offer all of our services with no hidden fees or extra costs!
6/12/13 - Once again the Oakland A's have built a solid core to take the diamond night in and night out. This week the As will begin a three-game series at home against the New York Yankees. Led by third baseman Josh Donaldson who is batting .324, and Yoenis Cespedes Is batting .241 but leads the team with 13 homeruns, Oakland is currently in second place only one game behind the first-place Texas Rangers. Veteran pitcher Bartolo Cologne leads the team in both wins and ERA, and kept that hot start going by defeating the Yankees on Tuesday night.