The Rockets were founded in 1967 and were initially an NBA team located in San Diego, California. After four years they were moved to Houston, Texas, a city they have made their home ever since. Houston Rockets tickets have always sold well among locals, who have really taken to having an NBA team in their city. The Houston Rockets have managed to win two NBA titles in their history, in 1994 and 1995. The team has also won four conference titles and four division titles. The Houston Rockets tickets have sold well in part due to some outstanding players who have represented the team. Moses Malone and Hakeem Olajuwon are the two stands out Houston Rockets stars over the past 50 years. Both were named NBA MVP of the Year, with Malone winning the award twice.
The early 2000's were not an easy time for the Rockets. They were going through a poor batch of results and Houston Rockets tickets were not as eagerly sold as before. Fans were getting a bit disgruntled with the team. However, the 2002 NBA Draft brought Yao Ming to Houston. The giant 7 ft 6 inch Chinese star played center for the Rockets and helped drag them to within an inch of the playoffs.
In 2004, Ming was joined by Tracy McGrady who was traded from the Orlando Magic. His arrival brought yet more playoff appearances for the Rockets, yet they have never managed to get to a conference or NBA finals in the past decade. Under coach Rick Adelman, they also amassed the second longest win streak in NBA history. However, with various trades and injuries to key players, the Rockets have struggled over the past two years. Season Houston Rockets tickets holders will be hoping that 2012-2013 brings an upturn in fortunes for their beloved team.
The Toyota Center is the home stadium of the Houston Rockets and can hold 18,043 fans. They moved to the stadium in 2003-2004, after playing in smaller arenas that only held around 10,000 fans. Most games have Houston Rockets tickets selling out, especially games against big teams such as the Lakers, Celtics, and recently the Miami Heat. Fans will be hoping they can buy Houston Rockets tickets in large numbers for playoff games in the new season. There is no atmosphere quite like the Toyota Center during a big playoff game.
Along with the Dallas Mavericks, the Rockets are the premier basketball team of Texas and they have plenty of fans not only in the city of Houston but within the state in general. Many fans travel long distances just to attend home or away games. This loyal following has made the Houston Rockets a very unique team.
Mascots have always been an important part of the atmosphere at Rockets games and help in selling Houston Rockets tickets. There was an eight year period where the Rockets had two mascots, the Rocket and a large Teddy Bear. The Rocket was famous for performing daring acrobatic feats, something that always had the crowd in great spirits pre-game and at half time. Now the Teddy Bear is the Rockets' sole mascot.
This summer has seen the Rockets make some moves in the trading period. Jeremy Lin and Omar Asik have arrived from the New York Knicks and the Chicago Bulls on three year, 25 million dollar contracts respectively. The Rockets fans are excited and will be hoping for a terrific season in 2012-2013. Management expect excellent Houston Rockets tickets sales stats.
- TiqIQ is your number one destination for great deals on Houston Rockets tickets all season round!
- We make sure that you will never have to search the web for cheaper prices because we bring all the best deals to you, right here on the one site.
- All the best known ticket sellers and purchasing options are available for you to see on TiqIQ. All you need to do is find the purchasing method that suits you best.
- Choose from our complete list of Houston Rockets games for the whole season, then choose how you want to pay for your Houston Rockets tickets. It’s so easy!
- You can purchase your tickets for a fixed price from your favorite ticket seller,
You can bid for the tickets through eBay auctions, or
You can even make your own offer with some of our ticketing partners. If your offer is accepted, the tickets are yours!
- TIQIQ makes sure you know what you are paying for every step of the way
- We show you a 3D seating preview which allows you to see how the game will look from your chosen seats.
- You can also view zone based statistics which show deals for every area of a particular venue.
- Know the right time to buy your Houston Rockets tickets by checking real time market trends and last minute specials as they become available on our site.
- TiqIQ also gives you the option to by e-tickets only through our e-ticket filter. This is a great alternative as it saves you money on shipping costs.
- TiqIQ is your first choice for great savings on all of your Houston Rockets tickets and our services are available for no extra cost or hidden fees!
6-12-13: After a very interesting off-season last year, the Houston rockets may be in for another this July. With rumors circulating about Dwight Howard possibly signing with them as a free agent the rockets and their fans must be excited to build upon their 45 win season. The addition of James Harden immediately made the Rockets a legit playoff team. Now coach McHale and company are looking to take the next step and contend for the Western title. Omer Asik had a career year averaging a double-double but is probably better suited as a backup on a contending squad. Enter Dwight Howard?
2-19-13: The rockets are 6-4 in their last ten games and have climbed into the Western Conference playoff picture as the 8th seed. With elite play from James Harden and the emergence of Jeremy Lin continuing, the Rockets and their run and gun style have giving teams fits their 29-26 record is slightly misleading. An 18-8 record at home has overshadowed spotty road play as well as defense. Defense has been an issue however the Rockets do score 106 point per game, which is number one in the NBA. Conversely they are ranked 29th in points allowed and will have to correct this if they want to make any playoff noise. With the trading deadline approaching, expect the Rockets to be active.
11-26-12: The Rockets had what many consider to be a very interesting off season. With the excruciating addition of Jeremy Lin and the dramatic James Harden trade with the Thunder they sit at 6-7. Jeremy and the Rockets enjoyed a laugher against his former team, the New York Knicks last week, winning by 28 in Houston. The Rockets score 101 points per game; 4th best in the league. The Rockets have the Raptors and Thunder next on the schedule this week. This team should continue to progress and ride the wave of inspired play from Chandler Parsons.