Florida Gators News
5-28-15: The Florida Gators men's basketball team will be fronted by new head coack Mike White during the 2015-16 NCAA season. He replaces iconic coach Billy Donovan, who won two titles in Florida and made the school the current powerhouse it is during his 19-year stay. White spent the last four years as head coach of Louisiana Tech, clinching berths in the National Invitation Tournament over the past three years.
9-5-14: The Florida Gators season opener last weekend lasted all but 10 seconds versus Idaho as after a lengthy delay due to rain and lightning, Florida’s season opener versus Idaho was canceled in Gainesville. Officials from both schools discussed options to reschedule the game the past few days but ultimately decided that the game will not be made up as the athletic directors from both schools agreed on Wednesday that Florida and Idaho will play an 11 game regular season. Both schools decided against rescheduling the game on October 25 an open date for both teams. However, the October 25th key bye week for both teams as they play conference rivals the following week.
About Florida Tickets on TiqIQ
The Florida Gators have one of the most passionate and loyal fan bases in the SEC and the country. Until the late 80’s, the basketball program didn’t experience much success. The Gators didn’t make an NCAA appearance until 1987. Since then, they’ve made the NCAA tournament 20 of the next 27 seasons and every season from 2000 to 2014. The majority of Florida’s success came under former head coach Billy Donovan, who just left Florida for the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder in April 2015. Donovan led the Gators to two consecutive NCAA championships in 2006 and 2007, the first NCAA team to accomplish this feat since the 1991-1992 Duke Blue Devils and the first team to ever repeat as national champions with the same starting line-up. Additionally, Florida went to two other Final Fours under Donovan (2000 and 2014) and the Gators went to four consecutive Elite Eights from 2011 to 2014. The Gators will begin the 2015 basketball season under Michael White, the previous coach of Louisiana Tech. The Gators’ football program is one of the most successful football programs in the modern era of college football. Since the 80s, Florida is one of nine teams to win two or more championships with three championships since 1996 (1996, 2006 and 2008). The last two championships came under head coach Urban Meyer. The Gators began playing football back in 1906 and have accumulated a 691-400-40 (.629) record since then including a 21-20 record in postseason bowl games. The Gators also have eight conference titles, three Heisman trophy winners and 31 Consensus All-Americans. Like the basketball program, Florida will have a new football coach in the 2015 season. Jim McElwain was hired in December of 2014 to take over the Gator program after previously serving as the head coach of Colorado State. The Florida Gators are one of three NCAA Division-I programs to have won a BCS National Championship in football and NCAA Division-I National Championships in basketball in the same school year. This accomplishment occurred in the 2006-2007 school year as the football team defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes in the title game to complete a 13-1 season while the basketball program won their second consecutive basketball championship in 2007 with a win over the Ohio State Buckeyes. Florida was the first school in NCAA history to hold both football and basketball national championships in the same season with Kansas and Louisville accomplishing this feat since then.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your Florida tickets and premium seating all season with TiqIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing Florida football and basketball tickets to all games!
- The best part about purchasing your Florida basketball and football tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every Florida game for the entire season as well as games of other teams as well. Simply pick the game you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your Florida tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the Florida football and basketball tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the Florida tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TiqIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every game. If your offer is accepted then you have won the Florida tickets!
- At TiqIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the game will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your Florida tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
Florida Video Highlights
2015 Florida Gators Football Schedule
09/05/2015 03:30:00 AM - Florida Gators vs New Mexico State at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
09/12/2015 03:30:00 AM - Florida Gators vs East Carolina Pirates at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
09/19/2015 - Kentucky Wildcats vs Florida Gators at Commonwealth Stadium - KY
09/26/2015 - Florida Gators vs Tennessee Volunteers at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
10/03/2015 - Florida Gators vs Ole Miss Rebels at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
10/10/2015 - Missouri Tigers vs Florida Gators at Faurot Field
10/17/2015 - LSU Tigers vs Florida Gators at Tiger Stadium - Baton Rouge
10/31/2015 - Georgia Bulldogs vs Florida Gators at EverBank Field (Formerly Jacksonville Municipal Stadium)
11/07/2015 - Florida Gators vs Vanderbilt Commodores at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
11/14/2015 - South Carolina Gamecocks vs Florida Gators at Williams-Brice Stadium
11/21/2015 - Florida Gators vs Florida Atlantic Owls at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
11/28/2015 - Florida Gators vs Florida State Seminoles at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium