About Maryland Tickets on TiqIQ
The Maryland Terrapins are a newly-joined member of the Big Ten and one of the original founding members of both the Southern Conference (1921) and the Atlantic Coast Conference (1952). The Terrapins have 20 varsity teams, which includes 8 men’s and 12 women’s squads. Maryland is best known for their basketball team, which has appeared in 25 NCAA tournaments with 13 trips to the Sweet Sixteen, four appearances in the Elite Eight, two Final Fours and one national championship. The Terrapins national championship run came in 2002 under head coach Gary Williams. Williams made Maryland’s first Final Four appearance in 2001, losing to Duke in the semifinals. In 2002, Maryland defeated Indiana 64-52 in the national championship game becoming the first team to win a championship without a single McDonald’s All American on the roster since the All American game’s inception. Williams was also the first coach to lead his alma mater to a championship since Norm Sloan did the same with North Carolina State in 1974. The 2002 squad accomplished many feats including a school record 32 wins and winning the first outright ACC title in 22 years. Unfortunately for Williams, he was unable to sustain his success over the course of the rest of his career only getting out of the second round of the NCAA tournament once more (in 2003 the Terps made the Sweet Sixteen). After retiring in 2011, former Kansas great and up-and-coming coach Mark Turgeon took over the program from Williams. Turgeon struggled in his first three seasons at Maryland, failing to have a winning conference record in the ACC and not appearing in the NCAA tournament for three straight seasons. However, after building his program up for a couple of years, Turgeon was able to put together a 28-7 season and winning 14 conference games in the Big Ten. The Terrapins bowed out early of the tournament as a No. 4 seed losing to No. 5 seed West Virginia in the Round of 32, 59-69. The 28 wins were the second most in the history of the program with only the 2002 national champions having a better record. The Maryland Terrapins football team began playing in 1892 and have posted a 620-553-43 record with a 11-12-2 bowl record. Maryland has one NCAA-recognized national championship in 1953, nine ACC championships, two Southern Conference championships and 11 consensus All-Americans. In Maryland’s first year in the ACC in 1953, they were named the national champions as they were the only team in the country without a loss or a tie in the regular season. However, they did lose their bowl game after being named national champions, 7-0 to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Two seasons previously, the Terrapins beat No. 1 ranked Tennessee in the 1952 Sugar Bowl to finish a perfect season. However, final rankings in 1951 came out before the bowl games so Maryland has not officially claimed a national championship for that season. One of Maryland’s most recent successful seasons came in 2001 when the Terrapins finished first in the ACC with a 7-1 conference record and a 10-2 overall record, losing to Florida in the Orange Bowl. The Terps finished 11th and 10th in the AP and Coaches’ polls, respectively. Current head coach Randy Edsall will begin his fifth season at the helm of Maryland in 2015 and is 20-30 in his first four seasons. Edsall had a rough start in his first two seasons, losing 18 games. However, he has led his team to two straight 7-6 seasons with losses in their two bowl games. Maryland fans are hoping for a third straight bowl appearance for the first time since 2006-2008.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Maryland basketball & football tickets for every game with TiqIQ.
- TiqIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Maryland basketball & football tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every game on Maryland’s basketball & football schedule. Simply choose the game you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Maryland basketball tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TiqIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Maryland tickets compared to the average market price.
- TiqIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Maryland tickets through TiqIQ
- Fans can also sell Maryland Terrapins basketball tickets on TiqIQ for free with SellerDirect.
5-29-15: The Maryland Terrapins are pursuing VCU transfer Terry Larrier for the upcoming 2015-16 NCAA basketball season. Though months away from the season's start, the Terrapins are early favorites to win the national championship come April. They will need to fill in holes following the NBA Draft, however, as core players Melo Trimble and Robert Carter will likely declare for the draft.
Maryland Video Highlights
Sell Maryland Terrapins Basketball Tickets
Sell NCAA Basketball Tickets. Sell Maryland Terrapins basketball tickets for free on TiqIQ’s platform, Seller Direct. The new and better way to sell your tickets, without having to pay high fees. The only real Fan to Fan ticket marketplace.
- The best part about selling your Maryland Terrapins basketball tickets with Seller Direct is that there is no fee.
Utilize our Fee Free buying and selling NCAA Basketball marketplace, whether you are a Terrapins Season Tickets Holder that cannot make game, or you are just selling individual Maryland Terrapins basketball game tickets.
- If you need to get rid of your Maryland Terrapins basketball tickets last minute before the game, you can list them up on our online marketplace and promote them to thousands of fellow fans.
- You can sell your tickets on NCAA Ticket Exchange, Stubhub, Vivid Seats or Seller Direct.
- The reason to sell tickets on Seller Direct is because there are no fees. We are the only fee free NBA Basketball ticket exchange
- Choose to meet the buyer at or near Xfinity Center, or transfer the tickets electronically.
- Listing and selling your Maryland Terrapins basketball tickets with Seller Direct is easy and free.