About Miami Tickets on TiqIQ
The Miami Hurricanes are a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, fielding 17.5 (NCAA standards) varsity teams. The Hurricanes began playing basketball in 1926 but suspending play from 1971-1985. Miami has made the NCAA tournament seven times, advancing to the Sweet 16 twice. In those seasons (2000 and 2013), the Hurricanes won conference championships. Current head coach Jim Larranaga took over the basketball program in 2011 after having so much success at George Mason. Larranaga has tallied a 91-49 record in four seasons at Miami and has made the NCAA tournament once and the NIT twice. The Hurricanes won their first eight games of the season, earning Miami a poll ranking for the first time since the 2012-13 season. However, Miami struggled in conference play, winning just 10 of 18 conference games and finishing sixth in the ACC. Their struggle down the stretch kept them out of the NCAA tournament. However, with a No. 2 seed in the NIT, the Hurricanes won four NIT games, landing them in the NIT championship game. The Hurricanes lost a heartbreaker, 66-64 in overtime at the hands of Stanford. Despite the loss, Larranaga has the Hurricanes headed in the right direction after previous head coach Frank Haith left the program in shambles with the NCAA investigating Haith for wrongdoings. The Miami baseball team is one of the most successful programs in the NCAA. The Hurricanes have four national championships (1982, 1985, 1999 and 2001) and have 24 College World Series appearances since 1974. The Hurricanes also have a record 43-consecutive appearances in the NCAA regionals. Miami’s success came under the late Ron Fraser, who amassed a 1,271-438-9 record at Miami. Fraser retired after the 1992 season, leading the Hurricanes to their 12th College World Series. Jim Morris was hired as the new head coach of the Hurricanes in 1993. Since then, Morris has accumulated 980 wins and in 2015, led Miami to the College World Series for the 12th time in his tenure. In his first six seasons at Miami, he brought the Hurricanes to the College World Series each year, an NCAA record. Miami is most known for their success on the gridiron. The Hurricanes have five Division-I national football championships (1983, 1987, 1989, 1991 and 2001), which ranks fourth all-time behind Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Alabama. Miami has produced two Heisman trophy winners, Gino Torretta (1992) and Vinny Testaverde (1986). Five Miami Hurricane alumni are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame including Warren Sapp, Michael Irvin, Jim Kelly, Cortez Kennedy, Jim Otto and Ted Hendricks. Miami has also produced two Super Bowl MVPs (Ottis Anderson and Ray Lewis) and consistently puts more players in the NFL than just about any other college football program. The Hurricanes have an all-time record of 596-342-19 with a 18-18 bowl record and nine conference titles. Current head coach Al Golden took over the program in 2011 and has a 28-22 record in four seasons with two bowl game appearances.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your Miami tickets and premium seating all season with TiqIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing Miami football and basketball tickets to all games!
- The best part about purchasing your Miami basketball and football tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every Miami game for the entire season as well as games of other teams as well. Simply pick the game you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your Miami tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the Miami football and basketball tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the Miami tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TiqIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every game. If your offer is accepted then you have won the Miami tickets!
- At TiqIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the game will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your Miami tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
5-29-15: Former University of Miami men's basketball coach Bill Foster passed away Wednesday after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease. The coach was credited with rejuvenating the school's basketball program, bringing life back into it during the mid-80s and recording a 78-71 record there.
Miami Video Highlights
2015 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule
09/05/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Sun Life Stadium
09/11/2015 - Florida Atlantic Owls vs Miami Hurricanes at FAU Stadium
09/19/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Nebraska Cornhuskers at Sun Life Stadium
10/01/2015 - Cincinnati Bearcats vs Miami Hurricanes at Nippert Stadium
10/10/2015 - Florida State Seminoles vs Miami Hurricanes at Doak Campbell Stadium
10/17/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Virginia Tech Hokies at Sun Life Stadium
10/24/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Clemson Tigers at Sun Life Stadium
10/31/2015 - Duke Blue Devils vs Miami Hurricanes at Wallace Wade Stadium
11/07/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Virginia Cavaliers at Sun Life Stadium
11/14/2015 - North Carolina Tar Heels vs Miami Hurricanes at Kenan Stadium
11/21/2015 - Miami Hurricanes vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Sun Life Stadium
11/27/2015 - Pittsburgh Panthers vs Miami Hurricanes at Heinz Field