About Minnesota Tickets on TiqIQ
The Minnesota Golden Gophers are a member of the Big Ten Conference with 23 varsity teams. The Golden Gophers have produced 17 national team titles including five each for men’s and women’s ice hockey and three in baseball. The men’s basketball team has three national team titles, but none are recognized by the NCAA as they were awarded before the NCAA tournament existed (1902, 1903, 1919). The men’s basketball team has 12 NCAA tournament appearances, with the most recent appearance coming in 2013. They also have four Sweet 16 appearances, two Elite Eight trips and one Final Four. Additionally, the Golden Gophers have made 12 NIT appearances with three NIT championships in 1993, 1998 and 2014. Unfortunately, most of Minnesota’s success has been tarnished by NCAA violations. The Golden Gophers’ 1997 Big Ten title and Final Four appearance, as well as their 1998 NIT championship have all been vacated by the NCAA. Current head coach Richard Pitino, so of legendary basketball coach Rick Pitino, took over the program following the 2013 season. Pitino is 43-28 in his two seasons as head coach of Minnesota. The Golden Gophers baseball team has produced three national championships (1956, 1960 and 1964) with 30 NCAA tournament appearances and 22 regular season championships. Minnesota’s football team also has a history of success with seven national championships (1904, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941 and 1960) with 18 Big Ten conference championships. The Golden Gophers have an all-time record of 668-497-44 (.571) with a 5-11 postseason bowl record. Bruce Smith is Minnesota’s only Heisman Trophy award winner, taking home the coveted trophy in 1941. Following Minnesota’s 1941 Rose Bowl victory in 1961, the Golden Gophers would just appear in three bowl games between 1942 and 1998. The 1999 Golden Gophers team was the first Minnesota squad to win eight games in a season since 1941. Since then, Minnesota has appeared in bowl games in 12 out of 16 seasons, winning three straight from 2002 to 2004. The 2003 Minnesota team finished 10-3 on the season, the first time the Golden Gophers won 10 games in a season since 1905. Current head coach Jerry Kill is 25-26 in his four seasons at the helm. After struggling in his first season with a 3-9 record, Kill has led the Golden Gophers to three straight bowl games (0-3) with 8-5 records in his last two seasons.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your Minnesota tickets and premium seating all season with TiqIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing Minnesota football and basketball tickets to all games!
- The best part about purchasing your Minnesota basketball and football tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every Minnesota game for the entire season as well as games of other teams as well. Simply pick the game you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your Minnesota tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the Minnesota football and basketball tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the Minnesota tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TiqIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every game. If your offer is accepted then you have won the Minnesota tickets!
- At TiqIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the game will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your Minnesota tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
5-29-15: The future is bright for the Minnesota Golden Gophers men's basketball team. Under head coach Richard Patino, the team has achieved instant success since 2013, winning the 2014 NIT and knocking off several top-tier Big Ten schools that same year. The team will again showcase four-star guards Jarvis Johnson and Kevin Dorsey and hope to return to form during the 2015-16 season.
Minnesota Video Highlights