About Northwestern Tickets on TiqIQ.com
The Northwestern Wildcats are a founding member of the Big Ten Conference and field 19 varsity teams. Northwestern has won eight team NCAA national championships, one in men’s fencing and seven in women’s lacrosse. Additionally, Northwestern has four unofficial men’s swimming and diving championships and one unofficial men’s basketball championship. Despite the awarded national championship, the men’s basketball team has been historically bad, especially since World War II. Northwestern is one of two power conference teams to never win an NCAA tournament game (Nebraska). In fact, Northwestern is the only “BCS conference” team to never appearing in the NCAA tournament at all. Until the 2008-2009 season, Northwestern never had a team win 20 or more games. Northwestern has appeared in the NIT seven times with four straight appearances from 2009 to 2012 under head coach Bill Carmody. Current head coach Chris Collins finished his second season at Northwestern in 2015. His record so far is 29-35 and is 12-24 in Big Ten play. The Northwestern football team hasn’t had a lot of success either. In fact, they have the most Division-1A football losses in history with 652 and one of the worst all-time winning percentages (.433). The Wildcats are 2-9 in bowl games and have eight conference titles. Northwestern has been better as of recently, winning the Big Ten title outright in 1995 and were co-champions in 1996 and 2000. Current head coach Pat Fitzgerald took over the program after Randy Walker’s death following the 2005 season. Fitzgerald, a College Football Hall of Famer linebacker who played at Northwestern in the 1990’s, was the youngest coach in NCAA Division-I when he took over the program. Fitzgerald has appeared in five bowl games in his nine seasons and has only had a losing record in the regular season three times including his first season, 2006, and the last two seasons (5-7 records both years). In 2012, Northwestern went 10-3, finishing third in the Big Ten with a 5-3 record and won the Gator Bowl over Mississippi State, 34-20. The Wildcats finished 16th and 17th in the Coaches and AP polls respectively. The Gator Bowl victory was Northwestern’s first bowl victory in 64 years and their 10 wins tied a school record. Fitzgerald is already the all-time winningest coach in Northwestern history with 60 wins and is one of three Wildcat coaches to lead his team to three consecutive winning seasons.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Northwestern basketball & football tickets for every game with TiqIQ.
- TiqIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Northwestern basketball & football tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every game on Northwestern’s basketball & football schedule. Simply choose the game you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Northwestern basketball tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TiqIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Northwestern tickets compared to the average market price.
- TiqIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Northwestern tickets through TiqIQ
Northwestern Video Highlights
6-2-15: Northwestern has signed Joey van Zegeren, who has transferred from Virginia Tech for the 2015-16 school year. A native of The Netherlands and standing at 6-feet-10-inches, he left the Hokies after being suspended for an undisclosed incident at VT. He has one year of eligibility remaining in his college career and can play during the 2015-16 NCAA season. He was announced as a Wildcat on Monday.