About Pittsburgh Tickets on TiqIQ.com
Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Pitt Panthers are a collegiate athletic program that represents the University of Pittsburgh. Pitt’s intercollegiate program, which is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, has nine men’s and 13 women’s teams. Men’s teams include football, baseball, basketball, cross-country, indoor and outdoor track, soccer, swimming, and wrestling. Women’s teams include basketball, cross-country, soccer, softball, indoor and outdoor track, swimming and diving, soccer, tennis, and volleyball. Pittsburgh has a fierce rivalry with West Virginia that is deemed the ‘Backyard Brawl’ due to the close proximity of the two campuses. Pittsburgh also has rivalries with Penn State, Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Cincinnati.
Pittsburgh is one of only five current NCAA Division I-A schools to have won multiple national championships in football (9) and basketball (2). The most popular sport at Pittsburgh is football, which has been played at the University since 1889. Pittsburgh has helped pioneer the sport by instituting the use of number on jersey and having the first live radio broadcast of a college football game. Some of the NFL’s best players, namely Mike Ditka, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Curtis Martin, Larry Fitzgerald, Darrelle Revis, and LeSean McCoy, are Pitt alumni. Over 85 football players have been selected as first-time All-Americans. Pittsburgh has had eight undefeated seasons throughout its history and is among the Top-20 college football programs in terms of all-time wins. While its football program has been successful, Pittsburgh’s men’s basketball team has amassed over 1,500 wins. Over the last 15 years, Pittsburgh is best known for its fierce rivalries within the Big East Conference. Pittsburgh engaged in some all-time classic games against Connecticut, Syracuse, and Georgetown. Since moving to the ACC, Pittsburgh has developed new rivalries against Duke and North Carolina.
Pittsburgh has some of the best traditions in college sports. The “Oakland Zoo” is a student cheering section for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. The Oakland Zoo is one of the most formidable cheering sections in college basketball. Opposing players are heckled throughout games and fans arrive early to taunt and prod opposing players. Pittsburgh’s official mascot is known as ‘Roc’ the Panther. Pittsburgh’s main fight songs, which include “Hail to Pitt”, “The Panther”, and “Pitt Victory Song”, are played during each of the University’s athletic events.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Pittsburgh basketball & football tickets for every game with TiqIQ.
- TiqIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Pittsburgh basketball & football tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every game on Pittsburgh’s basketball & football schedule. Simply choose the game you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Pittsburgh basketball tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TiqIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Pittsburgh tickets compared to the average market price.
- TiqIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Pittsburgh tickets through TiqIQ
Pittsburgh Video Highlights
6-3-15: The Pittsburgh Panthers men's basketball team enters the 2015-16 NCAA season coming off a 19-14 record the season prior, going just 8-10 in conference play. During the NIT Tournament, the Panthers fell in the first round to George Washington, failing to overcome a six-point deficit on March 17.