About Rutgers Tickets on TiqIQ.com
Located in Piscataway, New Jersey the Rutgers Scarlet Knights are the collegiate athletic program that represents Rutgers University. Rutgers’ intercollegiate program, which is a member of the Big 10 Conference, has nine men’s and 13 women’s teams. Men’s teams include football, baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf, indoor and outdoor track, swimming, tennis and wrestling. Women’s teams include basketball, cross-country, field hockey, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, rowing, soccer, softball, indoor and outdoor track, swimming and diving, soccer, tennis, and volleyball. Rutgers was one of the first American institutions to have intercollegiate athletics and regularly played against Yale, Columbia, and Princeton University. Despite Rutgers’ recent move to the Big 10 Conference, Princeton is still Rutgers’ biggest rival due to the close proximity of the two campuses. Rutgers has a long-standing football rivalry with Navy, which dates back to 1891. Rutgers and Navy came from the original, informal ‘Ivy League’.
Rutgers has only won one NCAA team National Championship; fencing in 1949. Rutgers, however, is known for being the “Birthplace of College Football” after hosting the first ever intercollegiate football game in November 1869 against Princeton. Rutgers has not had much success, though, as a football program. Rutgers has had problems keeping New Jersey’s best player in-state. A move to the Big 10 Conference in 2014, though, may solve Rutgers recruiting woes. Rutgers football team is best known for its 2006 season when it started 9-0. Rutgers was ranked as high as 7th in the AP and Coach’s poll before finishing the regular season with a 10-2 record and won its bowl game against Kansas State. Several notable NFL players, namely Ray Rice, Brian Leonard, and Tiquan Underwood played on this team. Rutgers’ women’s basketball team has been one of the most success programs in school history. Rutgers has made three Final Fours and won a few Big East Championships. Rutgers has a long-standing rivalry with the UCONN Huskies.
Rutgers’ official mascot is a ‘larger than life’ Scarlet Knight that patrols the sidelines during athletic events. Rutgers’ fight song is ‘The Bells Must Ring” and its official school colors are scarlet.
Are you sick and tired of wasting time searching for good deals on your Rutgers tickets? Now you can find all the best deals and cheapest ways to buy your tickets online, right here at TiqIQ.
- We have done our research to bring to you the best purchasing options and ticket sellers online so you never have to miss out on good discounts for your Rutgers tickets ever again.
- Our complete list of Rutgers games for the entire season allows you to choose which game you wish to see. Next, you simply have to choose the purchasing option that is right for you. Buy your Rutgers football and basketball tickets for a fixed price. Be the highest bidder for the tickets on ebay auctions. Make your own offer with certain ticketing partners and if your offer is accepted, the tickets are yours!
- Before you purchase your tickets you have the chance to check out a 3D seating preview which shows you how the game will look from your chosen seating section. You can also view zone based statistics in order to evaluate deals on every area in a particular venue.
- At TiqIQ we hide nothing from you. Seller fees are shown up front and we also keep you up to date with all the latest market trends and daily deals.
- E-ticket filters are also available for you so you can save on shipping costs.
- This is the only place to score great savings on your Rutgers basketball and football tickets.
Rutgers Video Highlights
6-3-15: The Rutgers Scarlet Knights men's basketball team had a forgettable 2014-15 season, going just 10-22 and 2-16 in conference play. The team has failed to clinch a berth in the NCAA Tournament each year since 1991, and 15 consecutive losses over its final 15 games last season showed that the Scarlet Knights are still a ways away from breaking such a streak.