The "On The Town" musical is a story of three American Sailors on a 24-hour shore leave in New York City during war time in 1944. The show was first produced on Broadway back in 1944 and was made into a film in 1949. The show has been gone through a number of revivals with the last coming in September of 2014 opening at the Lyric Theatre. In just 24 hours, these three sailors will look for everything the city that never sleeps has to offer, including love with the girl of their dreams.
Are you sick and tired of wasting time searching for good deals on your On The Town tickets? Now you can find all the best deals and cheapest ways to buy your tickets online, right here at TicketIQ.
- We have done our research to bring to you the best purchasing options and ticket sellers online so you never have to miss out on good discounts for your On The Town tickets ever again.
- Our complete list of On The Town performances allows you to choose which show you wish to see. Next, you simply have to choose the purchasing option that is right for you. Buy your On The Town tickets for a fixed price. Be the highest bidder for the tickets on ebay auctions make your own offer with certain ticketing partners and if your offer is accepted, the tickets are yours!
- Before you purchase your tickets you have the chance to check out a 3D seating preview which shows you how the show will look from your chosen seating section. You can also view zone based statistics in order to evaluate deals on every area in a particular venue.
- At TicketIQ we hide nothing from you. Seller fees are shown up front and we also keep you up to date with all the latest market trends and daily deals.
- E-ticket filters are also available for you so you can save on shipping costs.
- This is the only place to score great savings on your On The Town tickets.
On The Town Ticket News
6-18-15: Wartime musical On the Town will perform at the Lyric Theatre on Broadway through early-December. With more than 200 performances left on the 2015 schedule, the average price for On the Town tickets is $145.19 on the secondary market. The most expensive show comes on July 23 at 7pm, where tickets average at $168.71 and the get-in price is $130. Conversely, the cheapest performance will be held on August 2 at 2pm. That show owns a secondary ticket average of $131.34 and the get-in price is $60.
On The Town Live Performance Videos
On The Town on Broadway Schedule
Sunday - 3 PM at Lyric Theatre
Tuesday - 7 PM at Lyric Theatre
Wednesday - 2 PM at Lyric Theatre
Wednesday - 8 PM at Lyric Theatre
Thursday - 7 PM at Lyric Theatre
Friday - 8 PM at Lyric Theatre
Saturday - 2 PM at Lyric Theatre
Saturday - 8 PM at Lyric Theatre
On The Town History
In wartime New York City, three sailors arrive on the scene in search of “the world’s prettiest women”. Following the stories of Ozzie, Chip and Gabey, On the Town paints the picture of American lust in the big city during the World War II era. Each man looks for a special girl to fall in love with during their short 24-hour stay in the Big Apple, and each finds one relatively quickly along their respective paths. Gabey becomes enamored with one particular girl pictured in a subway advertisement, Ivy Smith. The trio sets out in search of Ivy and is greeted with the city’s vibrant culture in the process.
On the Town made its Broadway debut in 1944 at Adelphi Theater. Directed by George Abbott, it made 462 performances before closing less than two years later. Three revivals have come since the original closed; the first in 1971 and second in 1998, though neither were commercially successful. The third revival brings the iconic musical to the Lyric Theatre and features Jay Armstrong Johnson, Tony Yazbeck and Clyde Alves in the lead roles as Chip, Gabey and Ozzie.