Blending hardcore punk, experimental rock and thrash with radical political themes, Refused became one of Sweden’s most influential musical exports during the 1990s. Inspired by the likes of Born Against and The Nation of Ulysses, the original line-up of frontman Dennis Lyxzen, guitarist Par Hansson, bassist Jonas Lidgren and drummer David Sandstrom first came together in 1991. Following numerous personnel changes, the group released their first E.P., This is the New Deal, in 1993 and followed it up a year later with full-length debut album, This Just Might Be… The Truth. The band continued to build a loyal cult following with 1995 E.P., Refused Loves Randy, and a 1996 second LP, Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent, which proved to be a major inspiration for a generation of bands including Blink-182, Box Car Racer and The Used. Third studio effort, The Shape of Punk to Come: A Chimerical Bombination in 12 Bursts, saw the group attempt to revolutionise the genre with forays into techno, drum ‘n’ bass and jazz, and although it failed to make any commercial impact at the time of its 1998 release, has since been re-evaluated as a hardcore classic. Announced via a strongly-worded open letter, Refused split over creative differences shortly after, and spent the next decade focusing on various solo and side projects, with Lyxzen founding The (International) Noise Conspiracy, and the remaining members joining Fredrik Backstrom to record two avant-garde albums under the guise of TEXT. In 2007, Lyxzen and Sandstrom revived the group, Final Exit, they co-created with members of Abhinanda during their 90s heyday, and a year later formed another new more straightforward hardcore outfit, AC4. Following several years of rumors, Refused reunited in 2012 for a series of festival appearances including Coachella, the UK’s Download and Sweden’s Way Out West, and made their first ever US TV appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. In 2015, the group took to the stage again for performances at Reading and Leeds, Amnesia Rockfest and Las Vegas’ Punk Rock Bowling, and teamed up with producer Nick Launay (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Arcade Fire) to record their first album of original material in 17 years, Freedom.
This Just Might Be... the Truth (1994)
Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent (1996)
The Shape of Punk to Come (1998)
Buy Refused Tickets on TicketIQ
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Refused tickets for every date on the band’s North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Refused tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on Refused’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Refused tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Refused tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Refused tickets through TicketIQ.
5-14-15: Hardcore punk band Refused will hit the road for a spring and summer run of tour dates beginning next week. The band is slated to play 14 shows between May 25 and August 5. Over that time, the average price for Refused tickets is $110.61 on the secondary market. The most expensive date of tour will be held on August 5 at Madison Square Garden. That show, which also features a performance by Faith No More, owns a secondary average of $128.90 and get-in price is $46.
Refused Performance Videos
Refused Tour Dates
Refused 2015 Tour Dates
Fri 05/22/15 at Schwarze Heide in Hunxe, Germany
Sun 05/24/15 at Various Venues in Las Vegas, NV
Mon 05/25/15 at The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA
Tue 05/26/15 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, CA
Thu 05/28/15 at Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, CA
Fri 05/29/15 at Doug Fir Lounge in Portland, OR
Sat 05/30/15 at The Crocodile in Seattle, WA
Sun 05/31/15 at Double Door in Chicago, IL
Mon 06/01/15 at The Sinclair in Cambridge, MA
Wed 06/03/15 at The Bowery Ballroom in New York, NY
Thu 06/04/15 at Music Hall Of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NY
Fri 06/05/15 at Rock And Roll Hotel in Washington, DC
Sat 06/20/15 at Montebello Marina in Montebello, QC
Sat 06/27/15 at Tornava Festival Park in Seinajoki, Finland
Thu 07/02/15 at Festival Grounds in Gdynia, Poland
Sat 07/11/15 at Arena Ritten in Bolzano, Italy
Thu 07/16/15 at Resurrection Fest Grounds in Viveiro, Spain
Fri 07/17/15 at Slottsfjell Festival Grounds in Tonsberg, Norway
Sat 07/18/15 at Telegrafbukta in Tromso, Norway
Thu 07/30/15 at Masquerade Music Park in Atlanta, GA
Fri 07/31/15 at Red Hat Amphitheater in Raleigh, NC
Sat 08/01/15 at Skyline Stage @ Mann Center For Performing Arts in Philadelphia, PA
Sun 08/02/15 at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD
Tue 08/04/15 at Blue Hills Bank Pavilion in Boston, MA
Wed 08/05/15 at Madison Square Garden Arena in New York, NY
Fri 08/07/15 at Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, ON
Fri 08/28/15 at Bramham Park in Leeds, United Kingdom
Sat 08/29/15 at Ferropolis in Gräfenhainichen, Germany
Sun 08/30/15 at Richfield Avenue in Reading, United Kingdom