Called a very new new musical, Something Rotten! is a musical comedy about the writing of the first ever musical. Set to fun musical and dance numbers by the fantastic music writing duo Karey and Wayne Kirkpatrick, the show takes place in 1595 South London where the Bottom brothers, Nick and Nigel, try to make it into showbiz theatre and compete with the “it” guy William Shakespeare, known as “The Bard.” The two are desperate to write a hit play to compete with him when a local soothsayer has a vision of a future of theater filled with singing, dancing and acting at the same time! The boys set to write then the world’s first musical, but like always, there are obstacles to overcome and hoping opening crowds down throw tomatoes at you on stage.
Starring Christian Borle as The Bard and Brian d’Arcy James as Nick Bottom, it is no surprise that the show was nominated for 10 Tonys and won for Best Featured Actor in a Musical, Christian Borle! The show made its debut to the world of Broadway at the St. James Theatre in March 2015.
The new musical comedy “Something Rotten!” just recently debuted at the St. James Theatre this past April. The musical is set in the 1590’s as two brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom look to make it big by writing a hit play. However, after some challenging beginnings the brothers get help from a local sooth sayer who foretells the future of theatre which would involve singing, dancing, and acting. After their run in with the soothsayer Nick and Nigel set out to write the World’s very first musical.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your Something Rotten! tickets and premium seating with TicketIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing Something Rotten! tickets to all performances!
- The best part about purchasing your Something Rotten! tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every Something Rotten! performance as well as performances of related shows as well. Simply pick the show you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your Something Rotten! tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the Something Rotten! tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the Something Rotten! tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TicketIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every performance. If your offer is accepted then you have won the Something Rotten! tickets!
- At TicketIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the performance will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your Something Rotten! tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
Something Rotten News
6-22-15: While the new Broadway production Something Rotten! didn't get the nod for Best Musical at this year's Tony Awards. However, that hasn't stopped the show from increasing it's tickets sales as the musical continues to get strong numbers at the box office.
Something Rotten Videos
Something Rotten Schedule
Sunday - 2 PM at St. James Theatre
Sunday - 7:30 PM at St. James Theatre
Tuesday - 7 PM at St. James Theatre
Wednesday - 2 PM at St. James Theatre
Thursday - 7 PM at St. James Theatre
Friday - 8 PM at St. James Theatre
Saturday - 2 PM at St. James Theatre
Saturday - 8 PM at St. James Theatre