Seeing Dave Chappelle live is a bit like catching a meteor shower: random, unannounced, and explosive. You never know when he’ll pop up or why, which is what makes Dave Chappelle tickets amongst the most coveted in the business. It’s been nine years since the cult favorite comic shocked the world by suddenly walking away from his hit Comedy Central series Chappelle’s Show and disappearing to South Africa just before the third series was set to premier, citing his dissatisfaction with the business and the direction the show had taken. While the show was subsequently cancelled, in just two seasons Chappelle managed to turn the sketch comedy world on its head with outrageous, outlandish skits that skewered every taboo from racism and sexuality to drug abuse and gun violence. Growing up in Silver Springs, Maryland as the son of two college professors, Chappelle moved to New York City at a young age to seek out a career in comedy, landing his first film role at age 19 in the 1993 Mel Brooks film Robin Hood: Men In Tights. At the time Chappelle also began working on his stand-up routine, performing his first show at Harlem’s famed Apollo Theater’s “Amateur Night,” where he was unceremoniously booed off the stage. After a decade spent performing stand-up in between a series of minor roles in films such as Nutty Professor and Con Air, Chappelle caught his big break as the lead role in the 1998 film Half Baked, which he also co-wrote. That same year he also was featured on HBO’s Comedy Half-Hour and an episode of the subversive late-night talk show parody, The Larry Sanders Show. Still performing stand-up at the height of Chappelle’s Show’s success, fans with Dave Chappelle tickets to a 2004 gig in Sacramento were disappointed when Chappelle walked off stage, annoyed at the crowd’s incessant chanting for the Rick James character he portrayed in one of Chappelle Show’s most successful skits. The turbulence continued after he left Chappelle’s Show, with rumors of drug abuse and mental health issues swirling about the comic but later proven untrue. Citing his love of stand-up over sketch comedy, no Dave Chappelle tickets were needed to Dave Chappelle’s Block Party in Brooklyn in 2004, a documentary about a free concert the comic put on in the Clinton Hill neighborhood featuring heavy-hitters in the music industry including Kanye West, Mos Def, and The Roots. Touring sporadically ever since, in 2007 fans with Dave Chappelle tickets to a gig at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles were treated to a record-setting performance by the comic, when Chappelle broke Dane Cook’s record of 3 hours, 50 minutes of non-stop stand-up (a record Chappelle would later break with a 6 hour, 12 minute performance that same year.) Laying low for several years while living on a 65-acre farm with his family in Ohio, Chappelle suddenly returned on the scene in 2013 as part of Funny or Die’s Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival. Dave Chappelle tickets were sold for 14 dates, with results ranging from the mercurial Chappelle walking off the stage during a disastrous show in Hartford to being welcomed enthusiastically for a triumphant show in Chicago. That year Chappelle was also included on the TBS “Just For Laughs” Festival in Montreal, where Dave Chappelle tickets sold out in minutes and broke the event’s 31-year-old record for most tickets sold. In February of 2014, Dave Chappelle tickets were released for what was originally scheduled to be six dates in Australia, the first time Dave Chappelle tickets were made available outside North America. But after Dave Chappelle tickets again sold out within minutes, five more dates were added due to the extremely high demand. That demand is expected to be through the roof for Dave Chappelle’s upcoming four-night run at New York’s Radio City Music Hall from June 19-22, the first time Dave Chappelle tickets have been made available for a show in New York City in a decade. Like that meteor shower, you better catch this opportunity while you can. Who knows when you’ll get another chance.
Buy Dave Chappelle Tickets on TicketIQ
You can discover a number of amazing offers on Dave Chappelle tickets on TicketIQ for all of his North American tour dates.
- TicketIQ brings together the most reputable sellers in the industry to help you choose the best seats and the best prices for your Dave Chappelle tickets.
- Choose the show you want to see from our list of dates of Dave Chappelle’s entire North American tour as well as the best purchasing method for you.
- Our 3D seating previews allow you to see exactly how the gig will look from your section.
- You can also see view zone statistics of all the available deals from every area in your chosen venue.
- TicketIQ allows you to buy your Dave Chappelle tickets at a set price, or you can bid for them through several online auctions, with the highest bidder receiving the tickets.
- You can also make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. The Dave Chappelle tickets are yours if your offer is accepted.
- You can save at least 10% discount on your Dave Chappelle tickets compared to the average market price if they come with the Gold IQ seal.
- You can save money on shipping costs and take advantage of many last-minute deals with TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters.
- We guarantee that you will save money if you purchase your Dave Chappelle tickets with TicketIQ.
Sell Dave Chappelle Tickets on TicketIQ
Sell concert Tickets. Sell Dave Chappelle tickets for free on TicketIQ’s platform, Seller Direct. The new and better way to sell your tickets, without having to pay high - fees. The only real Fan to Fan ticket marketplace.
- The best part about selling your Dave Chappelle tickets with Seller Direct is that there is no fee.
Utilize our Fee Free buying and selling marketplace if you can't make the Dave Chappelle show
- If you need to get rid of your Dave Chappelle tickets last minute before the show, you can list them up on our online marketplace and promote them to thousands of fellow Dave Chappelle fans.
- You can sell your tickets on Stubhub, Vivid Seats or Seller Direct.
- The reason to sell tickets on Seller Direct is because there are no fees. We are the only fee free ticket exchange
- Listing and selling your Dave Chappelle tickets with Seller Direct is easy and free.
Dave Chappelle Tickets News
8-18-15: Dave Chappelle will return to the road this fall. The beloved comic will play 13 shows between September 14 and October 7, making notable stops at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City, Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, Hanover Theatre in Massachusetts and Rochester Auditorium Theatre in Rochester. The tour wraps on October 7 at Hershey Theatre in Pennsylvania.
6-17-14: With Dave Chappelle's Radio City Music Hall run set to start tomorrow, the current average ticket price is $232. Thursday is currently the cheapest of the set, at an average price of $197 while tomorrow's kick off is the priciest, at an average of $365. Surprisingly, the shows featuring musical guests account for 4 of the cheapest 6 dates.
5-28-14: In a similar vein to his former Comedy Central show, Dave Chappelle has recruited some of hip hop and R&B's most respected acts to perform alongside his comedy routines at Radio City Music Hall this summer. Confirmed acts include Busta Rhymes, The Roots, Janelle Monae, and Erykah Badu. Thus far, these 3 dates are the most expensive Dave Chappelle tickets of his Radio City Music Hall residency.
4-8-14: Two more hows have no been added to Chappelle's run at Radio City Music Hall bringing the total up to five shows. Dave Chappelle will now be performing nightly at Radio City from June 18th to June 22nd and nearly 10,000 Dave Chappelle tickets are available for all shows with an average price of $265.40.
4-4-14: After an overwhelming demand for his June 19th stand up comedy performance at Radio City Music Hall, Dave Chappelle will round out the weekend with additional shows on June 20th and 21st. The average ticket price on the secondary market for the mini-residency is $244, while the 19th is the priciest of the bunch.
Dave Chappelle Performance Videos
Dave Chappelle Tour Dates
2015 Fall Tour Dates
9/14 Capitol Theatre – Salt Lake City, Utah
9/16 Pikes Peak Center – Colorado Springs, Colorado
9/17 Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, Colorado
9/19 Morrison Center – Boise, Idaho (2 shows)
9/22 Merrill Auditorium – Portland, Maine
9/25 The Hanover Theatre – Worcester, Massachusetts
9/27 Toyota Presents the Oakdale Theatre – Wallingford, Connecticut
10/2 Mulroy Civic Center Theater – Syracuse, New York
10/3 Rochester Auditorium Theatre – Rochester, New York
10/4 Palace Theatre – Albany, New York
10/6 Santander Performing Arts Center – Reading, Pennsylvania
10/7 Hershey Theatre – Hershey, Pennsylvania