Emerging from the early ‘00s post-hardcore scene, Brand New gradually rose from the New York underground to the upper reaches of the Billboard 200 with an eclectic sound which took in everything from emo-rock to punk-pop to melodic indie. Having first played together in post-hardcore outfit The Rookie Lot, vocalist Jesse Lacey, bassist Garrett Tierney and drummer Brian Lane then hooked up with former One Last Goodbye guitarist Vincent Accardi to form Brand New in 2000.
The group made an instant impression, landing a deal with indie label Triple Crown Records on the strength of only their second live performance, and in 2001, worked with producer friend Mike Sapone on the post-break-up angst of debut album, Your Favorite Weapon. Following support slots on tours with Taking Back Sunday and Finch, the quartet headed into the studio with Steve Haigler (Pixies) to record sophomore, Deja Entendu, a more mature foray into alt-rock territory which entered the US charts at No.63 in 2003 and spawned the MTV hits “The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows” and “Sic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades.”
A major 24-date headlining US tour and opening performances for the likes of Dashboard Confessional, Blink-182 and New Found Glory further raised their profile, and in 2005, the band made the major label leap to Interscope Records. Named after a conversation with Lacey’s troubled musician friend Daniel Johnston, significantly darker third LP, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, arrived a year later and was supported by an extensive tour which also included major festival slots at New Jersey’s The Bamboozle, Australia’s Big Day Out and the UK’s Give It A Name.
In 2008, the group founded their own record company, Procrastinate! Music Traitors, making long-time friend Kevin Devine their first signing, and began work on their fourth studio effort. Described as their most challenging record, the experimental Daisy was released in 2009 and gave the band their highest Billboard chart entry, selling nearly 50,000 copies in its first week to peak at number six.
Following a North American trek with Manchester Orchestra, Glassjaw and Thrice, the band took a year-long hiatus before returning in 2011 with a re-release of their debut album and a short West Coast tour. Brand New have continued to focus all their attention on their live shows ever since, while occasionally debuting the odd new track.
The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me (2006)
Deja Entendu (2003)
Your Favorite Weapon (2001)
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Brand New tickets for every date on the band's North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Brand New tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on Brand New’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Brand New tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Brand New tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Brand New tickets through TicketIQ.
Brand New News
8-3-16: Brand New will be back on the road in 2016. The band will tour North America proper between October and November, making 22 stops in the U.S. over the two-month stretch. View the complete list of Brand New tour dates in the "Schedule" tab above.
5-12-15: Influential rock outfit Brand New has a long history of teasing fans with new music, but the Long Island-based group was finally true to its word last month when it released "Mene" for free on its official website. No word if the song is the first off an upcoming LP, but fans are anticipating new songs soon.
Brand New Performances Videos
Brand New Tour Dates
2016 Tour Dates
10/13 - Rochester, NY @ Main Street Armory
10/14 - Glens Falls, NY @ Glens Falls Civic Center
10/15 - Portland, ME @ Cross Insurance Arena
10/17 - Wallingford, CT @ Oakdale Theatre
10/18 - Ithaca, NY @ Ithaca College Athletics & Events Center
10/20 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein Center
10/21 - Grand Rapids, MI @ DeltaPlex
10/22 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
10/23 - St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
10/25 - Sioux Falls, SD @ The District
10/27 - Missoula, MT @ Adams Center
10/28 - Garden City, ID @ Revolution Event Center
10/29 - Reno, NV @ Grand Sierra Resort
10/31 - San Jose, CA @ Event Center at San Jose University
11/01 - Las Vegas, NV @ Chelsea Theatre
11/03 - El Paso, TX @ El Paso County Coliseum
11/05 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street
11/07 - Birmingham, AL @ Alabama Theatre
11/08 - Greenville, SC @ Bon Secours Arena
11/10 - Fairfax, VA @ Eagle Bank Arena
11/11 - Allentown, PA @ PPL Center
11/12 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center