5-21-15: R&B singer D'Angelo finally released his long awaited third studio album "Black Messiah" in December of 2014 after a long absence from music stemming from drug and personal problems.
D'Angelo Performance Videos
A Few Good Reasons to Buy D'Angelo Tickets on TicketIQ.com
You can discover a number of incredible deals on D’Angelo tickets for every date on his North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your D’Angelo tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on D’Angelo’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your D’Angelo tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your D’Angelo tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your D’Angelo tickets through TicketIQ.
D'Angelo Tour Dates
2015 Summer Tour Dates
06/07 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
06/08 – Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia
06/10 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
06/11 – Kansas City, MO @ Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
06/13 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
06/14 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
06/16 – Dallas, TX @ The Bomb Factory
06/17 – Houston, TX @ The Warehouse
06/20 – Norfolk, VA @ NorVa
06/21 – Forest Hills, NY @ Forest Hills Stadium
06/23 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Keswick
06/25 – Washington, DC @ The Fillmore
06/27 – Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
06/28 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
Brown Sugar (1995)
Black Messiah (2014)
History of D'Angelo
Soul singer and R&B artist D’Angelo found his calling in music at a very early age as he began to teach himself how to play a piano, which led to him winning an amateur talent competition at the age of 18 at Harlem’s Apollo Theater. D’Angelo grew up in Richmond, Virginia where he discovered his musical talents at an early age. By the age of 18, D’Angelo dropped out of high school and moved to New York City to further develop his music career and resulted in three consecutive wins at the Apollo Theater and cash prizes. Following the success he had at the Apollo, D’Angelo began to be inspired to produce an album. In 1994, D’Angelo had his first hit single called “U Will Know” in which he co-wrote and co-produced as the song peaked at 28 on the Billboard Hot 100. His first album “Brown Sugar” was released in 1995 and overtime became a success certified Platinum by early 1996 following some sluggish sales. However, after the success of his first album and touring for two years to promote, the R&B singer found himself suffering from writer’s block which resulted in a 4 year hiatus from music. His much delayed sophomore album “Voodoo” was finally released in 2000 and was critically acclaimed debuting at number 1 on the Billboard 200 chart earning platinum status and receiving a Grammy award for best R&B album. Despite the success, another lengthy hiatus from music was the result as D’Angelo began to have issues with performing and being uncomfortable with his image as a sex symbol. Problems persisted in 2005 when his girlfriend left him as well as his business and tour manager, lost touch with most of his family and a week after being sentenced for drug charges was involved in a car accident. Finally after 14 years, D’Angelo released his third studio album “Black Messiah” in December of 2014 meeting with universal acclaim as another studio album for the singer is currently in the works.