Dark Star Orchestra Biography
Named after a 1968 Grateful Dead single, Dark Star Orchestra established themselves as one of the most authentic tribute bands around thanks to their faithful recreations of the cult rockers’ live performances. Formed in Chicago in 1997 by guitarist John Kadlecik and keyboardist Scott Larned, the group first released Dark Star Orchestra tickets after adding bassist Kevin Rosen and vocalist Lisa Mackey to their line-up. With their concept of replicating a specific Grateful Dead concert in its entirety, while also adapting their voice arrangements, phrasing and specific musical equipment for its particular era, Dark Star Orchestra tickets soon became hot property on the tribute act circuit.
The demand for Dark Star Orchestra tickets soared on the eve of the group’s one-year anniversary in 1998 when Phish’s Mike Gordon and Jon Fishman joined the band on stage at a gig at their hometown venue, Martyrs’. Soon after, The Washington Post declared DSO the ‘hottest Grateful Dead tribute act going,’ and Dark Star Orchestra tickets subsequently sold out for the group’s winter tour. Despite undergoing several line-up changes, the band continued to release Dark Star Orchestra tickets for as many as 200 shows a year, while regular guest appearances from original Grateful Dead members Phil Lesh, Bob Weir and Bill Kreutzmann also saw sales of Dark Star Orchestra tickets go through the roof. In 2004, the group released the double DVD set, Live at the Fillmore, a recreation of the Grateful Dead’s 1977 set at New Haven’s Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which was recorded in front of hundreds of San Francisco fans with Dark Star Orchestra tickets. A year later, founding member Larned passed away, but the band vowed to carry on in his memory and eventually settled on Rob Barraco as his permanent replacement in 2007. Following the release of Dark Star Orchestra tickets for a string of tours including Road To The Roo, All Good Vibes and Like A Tumbleweed, Kadlecik left the group to focus on his new outfit, Furthur, with Lesh and Weir. But after recruiting Jeff Mattson, the band soon went back on the road, and continued to sell out Dark Star Orchestra tickets for various tours, including a 2011 run in which they celebrated performing their 2000th show.
A few good reasons to buy Dark Star Ochestra tickets on TicketIQ.com
- TicketIQ is a one-stop-shop which allows you to buy Dark Star Orchestra tickets at the best possible price.
- We collate information from the industry’s most reputable sellers to help advise you on when and where to find the best tickets.
- We provide a list of every date on Dark Star Orchestra’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you want to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can see exactly what the gig will look like from your section with our 3D seating previews.
- Our view zone statistics also enable you to discover the best available offers from every area in your chosen venue.
- You can purchase your Dark Star Orchestra tickets at a fixed price or you can bid for them through online auctions. If you’re the highest bidder, the tickets are yours.
- TicketIQ also allows you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for each show.
- You can save take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals as well as save money on shipping costs with our e-ticket filters.
- You can also save at least 10% discount on your Dark Star Orchestra tickets compared to the average market price if they come with a gold IQ seal.
- We guarantee that you will save money when you buy your Dark Star Orchestra tickets with TicketIQ.