One of the 80s ultimate rock bands, Def Leppard achieved unprecedented chart success thanks to a number of MTV-friendly videos and blockbuster albums which unarguably pioneered the pop-metal sound. Formed in Sheffield in 1977, the core line-up of frontman Joe Elliott, guitarists Pete Willis and Steve Clark, bassist Rick Savage and drummer Rick Allen settled a year later, and released their self-titled debut E.P. through their own Bludgeon-Riffola label before landing a deal with Mercury Records. The band toured 1980 debut On Through The Night and 1981 follow-up High N’ Dry extensively on both side of the Atlantic, and after replacing Willis with Phil Collen, teamed up with producer Mutt Lange to record the US No.2 LP, Pyromania. In 1985, Allen lost his left arm in a car accident, but after building a custom-made electronic kit, he continued his role as drummer and the group went onto cement their status as the new kings of British rock with 1987’s Hysteria. Featuring the singles “Animal,” “Pour Some Sugar On Me” and number one “Love Bites,” the record became one of the few in history to spawn seven US Hot 100 hits and was their second consecutive to reach diamond status. Def Leppard suffered further tragedy in 1991 when Clark died from an accidental overdose, but the group soldiered on and a year later returned to the top of the charts with Adrenalize. After welcoming former Whitesnake guitarist Vivian Campbell into the fold, the group released their first hits compilation in 1995, and ventured into harder-edged alt-rock for 1996’s divisive Slang before going back to their roots on 1999’s Euphoria. 2002’s adult pop-oriented X and 2006’s Yeah!, the latter of which saw the band covering songs originally recorded by the likes of Blondie, The Kinks and ELO, continued their run of Top 20 entries but failed to yield any hits. However, the group remained a hugely popular live draw, embarking on joint tours with Journey, Foreigner and Bryan Adams, and launching a major world trek in support of 2008’s Songs From The Sparkle Lounge. Following further co-headlining tours with Heart and Poison, the band enjoyed a 2013 residency at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and a run of shows with KISS, Styx and Tesla.
On Through the Night (1980)
High 'n' Dry (1981)
Songs from the Sparkle Lounge (2008)
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Def Leppard tickets for all dates on their North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ brings together the ticket industry’s most established and esteemed sellers to help you choose your Def Leppard tickets for the best possible price.
- We provide a list of all dates on Def Leppard’s North American tour. Simply select the show you wish to attend and choose the best purchasing method for you.
- You can buy your Def Leppard tickets at a fixed price or you can bid through various online auctions. If you are the highest bidder, you receive the tickets.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list.
- We advise you on the best time to purchase your seats with view zone statistics of all the available deals from every area in a venue.
- Our 3D seating previews also show you exactly what the gig will look like from your chosen section.
- You can save money on shipping costs and take advantage of amazing last-minute deals with TicketIQ’s e-ticket filter system.
- You can also save up to 50% discount compared to the average market price if your Def Leppard tickets feature the Gold IQ seal.
- We guarantee you will save money when you use TicketIQ to buy your Def Leppard tickets.
Def Leppard News
5-28-15: Def Leppard will be performing with Styx beginning this June. The two bands, which formally toured together in 2007 will be joined Tesla. The first two shows will take place in Florida, with opener June 23rd at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa. Tickets on the secondary market average at $153.42 with a get-in price of $32.00. Tickets for the second show, June 25th at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, currently average at $187.03 and have a get-in price starting at $36.00.
5-7-15: English rock band Def Leppard will be returning to the road this summer for a lengthy North American tour kicking off on June 23 at the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa, Florida. The US tour will be for the whole summer and the band will be touring for the remainder of the year.
Def Leppard Performance Videos
Def Leppard Tour Dates
Def Leppard 2016 Tour Dates w/ Styx & Tesla
01/27 – Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum
01/29 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – BB&T Center
01/30 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center
02/02 – San Antonio, TX – AT&T Center
02/03 – Lafayette, LA – Lafayette Cajundome
02/05 – Corpus Christi, TX – American Bank Center Arena
02/06 – Hidalgo, TX – State Farm Arena
02/09 – Little Rock, AR – Verizon Arena
02/10 – Bossier City, LA – CenturyLink Center
02/13 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
02/14 – Atlantic City, NJ – Boardwalk Hall
02/16 – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
02/17 – Allentown, PA – PPL Center