Rick Springfield News
5-22-15: Australian Musician Rick Springfield is going to be busier than ever appearing next month as an actor on the HBO show "True Detective" and the artist is currently on a solo tour supporting his latest CD called "Stripped Down."
Rick Springfield Performance Videos
A Few Good Reasons to Buy Rick Springfield Tickets on TicketIQ.com
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Rick Springfield tickets for every date of his North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Rick Springfield tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on Rick Springfield’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Rick Springfield tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Rick Springfield tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Rick Springfield tickets through TicketIQ.
Rick Springfield Discography
Comic Book Heroes (1973)
Mission Magic! (1974)
Wait for Night (1976)
Working Class Dog (1981)
Success Hasn’t Spoiled Me Yet (1982)
Living in Oz (1983)
Hard to Hold (1984)
Beautiful Feelings (1984)
Rock of Life (1988)
The Day After Yesterday (2005)
Christmas with You (2007)
Venus in Overdrive (2008)
My Precious Little One: Lullabies for a New Generation (2009)
Songs For the End of the World (2012)
Rick Springfield Tour Dates
2015 Tour with The Romantics and Loverboy
8/29 — Atlanta, GA @ Delta Classic Chastain Park Amphitheater
8/30 — Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheater
9/2 — Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live
9/4 — Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
9/5 — Charlotte, NC @ Uptown Amphitheater
9/10 — Chicago, IL @ First Merit Bank at Northerly Island
9/11 — Cleveland, OH @ Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
9/12 — Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata
9/13 — Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
9/16 — Westbury, NY @ NYCB Theater
9/17 — Bethlehem, PA @ Sands Event Center
9/18 — Detroit, MI @ Freedom Hill
9/20 — Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavilion
9/22 — Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
9/23 — Oklahoma City, OK @ Zoo Amphitheatre
Rick Springfield Biography
The journey of musician Rick Springfield first began in South Wentworthville, which is western suburb in Sydney, Australia. By the age of 13, Springfield began playing the guitar joining a number of bands in England where his father was stationed at the time. As Springfield enter into his late teens, he was approached to by a member of a band called Rockhouse, a group he would later join and tour with during the late 1960’s. In 1969, Springfield joined a group named Zoot and would become the lead singer and guitarist of the band and while the group was able to attract a significant number of teenage girl fans, the band was unable to get any credibility as serious rock musicians. Springfield and the band continued to release singles in an attempt to drop their teenage boppy image but despite some hit singles Zoot were break up in May of 1971. Following the breakup of the band Zoot, Springfield would embark on a solo career signing with Sparmac Records releasing his debut single “Speak to the Sky” which peaked at the number 5 on the Go-set Singles Chart. After recording his debut album “Beginnings in London” Springfield moved to the US in 1972 and his music started to get more noticed as his debut single peaked at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and later releasing his debut album which was a success in the States. Springfield has released a number of albums since but his most successful years came in the early 1980’s with a number 1 hit song in both the US and Australia “Jessie’s Girl.” Springfield had four more top 10 hits and won a Grammy Award for the Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. Springfield also tried acting portraying Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital from 1981 to 1983 and returning to the show in 2013 for the show’s 50th Anniversary.