Vampire Weekend News
5-21-15: American rock band from New York City Vampire Weekend have released three acclaimed albums in seven years but fans will have to wait a little longer for the band's fourth studio album as the band is back in the studio working on new material but other obligations such as collaborations and solo project have slowed down the momentum of the band's new album being completed anytime soon.
Vampire Weekend Performance Videos
A Few Good Reasons to Buy Vampire Weekend Tickets on TicketIQ.com
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Vampire Weekend tickets for every date the band’s North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Vampire Weekend tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on Vampire Weekend’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Vampire Weekend tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Vampire Weekend tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Vampire Weekend tickets through TicketIQ.
Vampire Weekend Discography
Vampire Weekend (2008)
Modern Vampires of the City (2013)
Vampire Weekend Tour Dates
Vampire Weekend Biography
The Vampire weekend band first formed while the four band members were enrolled in Columbia University. Two of the band members the current lead singer Ezra Koenig and drummer Chris Tomson began a rap collaboration while at Columbia and the two bonded over their same taste in music such as punk rock and African music. Koenig was touring with other groups during his college years and became inspired to name the band Vampire Weekend after watching a 1980’s vampire film “The Lost Boys.” Eventually, Vampire weekend began performing shows around Columbia University and after finishing college the group self-produced their debut album while the members were at the same time working full-time jobs. They released their first single in 2007 titled “Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa” receiving much praise from Rolling Stone ranking it number 67 of the top 100 best songs of the year in 2007. Following the success of their first single, the band began touring in the UK along with the “The Shins” in late 2007 as internet buzz and blog hype played a vital role to the success of Vampire Weekend and a much hyped prerelease performing on three tours before their debut album was released. Their much promoted debut album “Vampire Weekend” was finally released in early January of 2008 and was a success in both the UK and the US peaking at number 15 on the UK Albums Chart and number 17 on the Billboard 200 chart. The band has since released two albums both peaking at number 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and their latest release “Modern Vampires of the City” in 2013 earned the group their first Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album in 2014.