Heralded as one of the most proactive festivals each year, the Global Citizen Festival looks to raise awareness regarding extreme poverty across the world by offering a massive music festival featuring some of music’s biggest acts – all in the heart of New York City. The festival is typically held in September in Central Park and has featured past acts like Neil Young, Foo Fighters, Tiesto and Jay-Z and Beyoncé. More than $1.6 billion has been raised to combat extreme poverty, improve global sanitation and empower girls and women since the inaugural festival in 2011. Headlining 2015’s festival includes past performer Beyoncé, who will also be joined by Coldplay, Pearl Jam and Ed Sheeran.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Global Citizen Festival tickets on TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Global Citizen Festival tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- You can bid for your Global Citizen Festival tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in Central Park using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Global Citizen Festival tickets compared to the average market price.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Global Citizen Festival tickets through TicketIQ
Global Citizen Festival News
7-10-15: This year's Global Citizen Festival will again feature some of music's biggest performers gracing the stage in Central Park this September. Beyonce, Pearl Jam, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran will each headline the bill and more artists are slated to be announced through the summer months. Tickets won't be easy to get a hold of, however - fans will have three options available to them when perusing the web for access to the September 26 concert. Citi credit and debit cardholders can access an exclusive VIP ticketing scheme which range between $150 and $250 on Ticketmaster. General Admission tickets can be obtained by participating in the festival's eight "Global Steps", which range from simple tweets detailing the festival to signing petitions that raise awareness about the empowerment of girls and women throughout the world.
Global Citizen Festival Highlight Videos
Global Citizen Festival History
Held annually in New York City’s Central Park since 2011, the Global Citizen Festival aims to raise awareness on extreme global poverty, the empowerment of women and improving sanitary conditions across the world. With an ambitious mission to completely eradicate extreme poverty by 2030, the U.N.’s Global Goals Sustained Development agenda will officially launch in 2015 and be campaigned by several of music’s biggest acts at the GCF in late-September.
Past headliners at the Global Citizen Festival include Neil Young, Tiesto, Foo Fighters and married duo Jay-Z and Beyoncé. Beyoncé will once again grace the stage during 2015’s festival alongside Pearl Jam, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran.
The third annual festival in 2014 saw Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, give a seven-minute speech urging global citizens to do their part in helping better the earth and make it more environmentally suitable. Greater than 60,000 attend the music festival each year and more than $1.6 billion has been raised to help combat extreme poverty globally.
New to 2015 is the festival’s unique ticketing scheme. All General Admission tickets are free, but fans must undergo eight “Global Steps” in order to enter a raffle sweepstakes that will pick 24,000 winners over six different drawings between July 29 and September 21. Those steps include everything from simple tweets shedding light on the festival to personal calls to global leaders concerning sanitary and water conditions across the world. Each winner will receive a pair of tickets, totaling 48,000 free General Admission tickets being given away.
2015 Global Citizen Festival Lineup
More to be announced soon!