It was a simple block party in the City of Brotherly Love just seven years ago, but the Mad Decent Block Party has grown tenfold to become one of the biggest EDM-based tours in North America. Created by American DJ and recording artist Diplo, the touring music festival has become a staple in the electro dance scene, evolving from the streets of Philadelphia to being featured in more than 20 cities in 2015. A slew of the genre’s biggest artists perform, including Skrillex, Tyler, the Creator, Major Lazer, T-Pain and Diplo himself. The festival is a must-attend for any music lover and promises a day filled with good music, food and times in the summer sun.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Mad Decent Block Party tickets for every performance with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Mad Decent Block Party tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every show on Mad Decent Block Party’s schedule. Simply choose the performance you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Mad Decent Block Party tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Mad Decent Block Party tickets compared to the average market price.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Mad Decent Block Party tickets through TicketIQ
Mad Decent Block Party Ticket News
6-18-15: American DJ and recording artist Diplo will rev up the 2015 installment of the Mad Decent Block Party at the end of July. 22 shows are scheduled through September 20, and the average price for Mad Decent Block Party tickets is now $107.05 on the secondary market. Featuring headlining performances from acts like Riff Raff, T-Pain, Major Lazer and Diplo himself, this year’s festival will make its most expensive stop on September 19 at Los Angeles Center Studios. That show owns a secondary ticket average of $188.89 and the get-in price is $73. Conversely, the cheapest show will be held on August 6 at Penns Landing Festival Pier in Philadelphia, where tickets average at $79.14 and get-in price is $43.
Mad Decent Block Party Video Highlights
Mad Decent Block Party History
Started up by American DJ Diplo in 2008, the Mad Decent Block Party is a touring festival that features dancing, musical performances, a surplus of food and countless amounts of fun under the summer sun each year. The tour initially began as a Philadelphia-based show at The Mausoleum, an old warehouse Diplo owned in 2008. Around 1,000 people showed up for the inaugural festival and it would quickly grow the following year, so much so to the point where the DJ needed additional security and permits for it to continue.
By 2010, the festival had expanded to New York and Chicago, growing organically by word-of-mouth and the popularity of each artist involved on the bill. Mad Decent has grown immensely since, expanding to more than a dozen cities and still featuring some of music’s biggest acts.
2015’s concert will feature an abundance of big-name performers, including Tyler, the Creator, Dillon Francis, Flosstradamus, Major Lazer, Skrillex, T-Pain, Vic Mensa and Diplo himself. Notable cities the touring festival will hit in 2015 are Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit, Nashville, Toronto, Vancouver, San Diego and Los Angeles.
While the festival has garnered a massive following over its first eight years, it hasn’t been without its controversy. In 2014, two fans died in Columbia, Maryland after ingesting the popular drug MDMA and allegedly suffering from dehydration and heat stroke. Despite the tragedies, the festival continues to gain momentum in 2015 and is slated to hit 22 cities between July and September.
Mad Decent Block Party Tour Dates
2015 Tour Dates
7/31 - Atlanta, GA - Music Park at Masquerade
8/01 - FT Lauderdale, FL - Revolution Live
8/06 - Philadelphia, PA - Penns Landing Festival Pier
8/07 - Philadelphia, PA - Penns Landing Festival Pier
8/08 - Brooklyn, NY - MCU Park
8/09 - Brooklyn, NY - MCU Park
8/15 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
8/21 - New Orleans, LA - Bold Sphere Music at Champions Square
8/22 - Dallas, TX - Zouk Nightclub
8/23 - Austin, TX - Stubbs BBQ - Outdoor Stage
8/28 - Nashville, TN - Carl Black Chevy Woods Amphitheater
8/29 - Toronto, ON - Fort York at Garrison Common
8/30 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
9/04 - Calgary, AB - Calgary Millenium Park
9/06 - Vancouver, BC - Westjet Concert Stage at PNE Rogers Amphitheatre
9/11 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
9/12 - Eugene, OR - Cuthbert Amphitheater
9/13 - San Diego, CA - LED
9/18 - Phoenix, AZ - Rawhide Western Town and Steakhouse
9/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Center Studios
9/20 - Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Center Studios
9/26 - Chicago, IL - TBA