Located in West Point, New York, the Army Black Knights are a collegiate athletic program that represents the U.S. Military Academy. Army’s intercollegiate program, which is a member of numerous conferences, has 16 men’s and 10 women’s teams. Men’s teams include football, baseball, basketball, ice hockey, cross-country, fencing, golf, gymnastics, indoor and outdoor track, lacrosse, rifle, rugby, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, and wrestling. Women’s teams include basketball, cross-country, rifle, rugby, softball, indoor and outdoor track, swimming and diving, soccer, tennis and volleyball. Each year, Army competes with Air Force and Navy for the Commander-In-Chief’s Trophy which is awarded to the academy that defeats the others in football.
While Army boasts a variety of athletic programs, its football program is its most well-known program. Army is one of three programs in college football to compete as an independent. In early 20th century, Army and Notre Dame, two of the main football powerhouses, engaged in the “Game of the Century” in 1946 whereby the highly anticipated match-up ended in a scoreless tie. To date, Army has amassed 652 wins over nearly 125 seasons and had three Heisman Trophy winners; Doc Blanchard (1945), Glenn Davis (1946), and Pete Dawkins (1958). The Army-Navy game is arguably the best and most intensive rivalry in college sports. These two programs have faced each other 115 times with Navy leading the all-time series, 59-49-7; Navy has won 13 straight games against Army. Army’s program has struggled recently and has only one season with a winning record over the last 20 seasons.
While its football program has national appeal, other programs have been highly successful. Army’s men’s golf program has won 19 conference championships. Army’s men’s hockey team engages in the longest-running annual international sporting event in the world. Each year, Army faces the Royal Military College of Canada Paladins in the annual West Point Weekend hockey game.
Since 1899, Army’s mascot has been a mule because of the animal’s historical importance in West Point operations. Army’s teams were initially known as the “Cadets”, but adopted the nickname “The Black Knights of the Hudson” due to the black color of its uniforms. “On Brave Old Army Team” is the school’s fight song.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on Army basketball & football tickets for every game with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your Army basketball & football tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every game on Army’s basketball & football schedule. Simply choose the game you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your Army basketball tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your Army tickets compared to the average market price.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your Army tickets through TicketIQ