Located in Tampa, Florida, the University of South Florida is a member of the American Athletic Conference and competes in Division I of the NCAA. The Bulls wear the colors of green and gold and Rocky the Bull, an anthropomorphized bull, is the team’s official mascot. The university sponsors 17 varsity sports, including football, baseball, men and women’s basketball, volleyball and softball.
The school’s largest athletic following comes in its football program, which began play as a 1-AA independent in 1997. The football Bulls play their home games at the 65,000+ capacity Raymond James Stadium, home of the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The team soon became a bowl-eligible DI-A program in 2001 and received its highest BCS ranking in school history at #2 in 2007. It has played in the American since 2013 and prior to that year competed in the Big East between 2005 and 2012.
The men’s basketball team has had spurts of success over the last three decades. Playing home games in USF Sun Dome, the Bulls have appeared in the NCAA Tournament three times since 1990 and went as far as the third round in in 2012, though ultimately lost to the lower-ranked Ohio Bobcats 56-62 that year. Other NCAA Tournament appearances came in 1992 and 1990. Additionally, USF has appeared in the National Invitational Tournament eight times and made it to the quarterfinal round in 1995. The university owns a cumulative NIT record of 4-8, losing in the opening round over its last three appearances in 2000, 2002 and 2010.
The basketball program also boasts a notable cast of alumni that moved on to the NBA. Among that list is Gary Alexander, Chucky Atkins, Dominique Jones and Curtis Kitchen. The team won the Sun Belt Tournament in 1990 and was Conference USA division champions during the 2000-2001 regular season.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your University of South Florida tickets and premium seating all season with TicketIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing University of South Florida football and basketball tickets to all games!
- The best part about purchasing your University of South Florida basketball and football tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every University of South Florida game for the entire season as well as games of other teams as well. Simply pick the game you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your University of South Florida tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the University of South Florida football and basketball tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the University of South Florida tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TicketIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every game. If your offer is accepted then you have won the University of South Florida tickets!
- At TicketIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the game will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your University of South Florida tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
South Florida Bulls News
7-2-15: University of South Florida men’s basketball head coach Orlando Antigua on Wednesday announced the signing of Geno Thorpe, a junior transfer who played all 34 games for the Penn State Nittany Lions during the 2014-15 NCAA season. The 6-3 guard and Pittsburgh native averaged 8.7 PPG, 2.6 RPG and 1.3 APG last season. Due to NCAA transfer rules, however, Thorpe will have to sit out the entirety of the 2015-16 NCAA season. He will be eligible for two more years of play following this season.
South Florida Bulls Highlight Videos