The hit musical Rent is like the Hamilton of its day. On the verge of its 20th Anniversary, the rock musical is making a comeback with select performances in Long Island from Sept. 23-27 and at Staten Island’s Harbor Lights Theater Company staging of the show from Sept. 18-Oct. 20, 2015. Both productions do have an overlap, but they are with two different theatre companies.
With music, lyrics, and a book by Jonathan Larson and loosely based on Giacomo Puccini’s opera La bohéme, Rent made its off-Broadway debut in 1996 before transferring to Broadway later that same year. The musical has since been on several tours and been performed all over the world. It came back to off-Broadway in 2011 after a successful Broadway tour in 2009.
The 1996 Tony winner for Best Musical, Best Book, and Best Score, Rent tells the story of a group of broke friends who are struggling to survive and create in NYC’s Alphabet City in 1991. The show follows the group over a years time as these struggling artists strive for success and acceptance while fighting off the monsters known as poverty, sickness, impending gentrification and all torturing AIDS epidemic of the 1990s.
The hit rock musical Rent will be having some pre-20th anniversary performances in Long Island and Staten Island at the end of 2015. The 1996 Tony winner for Best Musical, Best Book, and Best Score, Rent tells the story of a group of broke friends who are struggling to survive and create in NYC’s Alphabet City in 1991.
Are you sick and tired of wasting time searching for good deals on your Rent tickets? Now you can find all the best deals and cheapest ways to buy your tickets online, right here at TicketIQ.
- We have done our research to bring to you the best purchasing options and ticket sellers online so you never have to miss out on good discounts for your Rent tickets ever again.
- Our complete list of Rent performances allows you to choose which show you wish to see. Next, you simply have to choose the purchasing option that is right for you. Buy your Rent tickets for a fixed price. Be the highest bidder for the tickets on eBay auctions make your own offer with certain ticketing partners and if your offer is accepted, the tickets are yours!
- Before you purchase your tickets you have the chance to check out a 3D seating preview which shows you how the show will look from your chosen seating section. You can also view zone based statistics in order to evaluate deals on every area in a particular venue.
- At TicketIQ we hide nothing from you. Seller fees are shown up front and we also keep you up to date with all the latest market trends and daily deals.
- E-ticket filters are also available for you so you can save on shipping costs.
- This is the only place to score great savings on your Rent tickets.
8-26-15: Coming up on its 20th Anniversary is the hit rock musical Rent, which will make a comeback with performance in both Long Island and Staten Island between September and October. The musical has undergone several tour legs across the globe and returned to Broadway in 2011 after a successful run on the Great White Way two years prior.
Rent Performance Videos