Starring Broadway veterans James Earl Jones and Cecily Tyson, "The Gin Game" returns to the Great White Way in 2015 at The Golden Theatre. The play tells the story of Weller Martin and Fonsia Dorsey, who befriend each other while living at the same nursing home. The pair engages in countless rounds of gin rummy, which grows increasingly competitive with each game. As Fonsia continues to beat Weller, their conversations soon grow more intense and hurtful, ultimately resorting to scorning one another as they persist in their card game. The 2015 revival of "The Gin Game" remains on Broadway for a limited eight-week engagement, officially opening at the Golden Theatre on October 13 and concluding on January 10, 2016.
You can find the best ways to get fantastic deals on your The Gin Game tickets and premium seating with TicketIQ. Our site is an online portal for purchasing The Gin Game tickets to all performances!
- The best part about purchasing your The Gin Game tickets with us is that you get to choose which way you purchase them, ensuring that you find a good deal for every ticket and that you are in total control.
- We show you a list of every The Gin Game performance as well as performances of related shows as well. Simply pick the show you want to see and find a purchasing method that works best for you.
- You can buy your The Gin Game tickets at a set price.
- You can bid for the The Gin Game tickets through online auctions and if you are the highest bidder the The Gin Game tickets are yours.
- You can even make an offer with some of our ticketing partners because TicketIQ provides the approximate discount to list price that sellers are accepting for every performance. If your offer is accepted then you have won the The Gin Game tickets!
- At TicketIQ we also make sure that you know what you are paying for. You have the option of looking at a 3D seating preview which shows you how the performance will look from your chosen seating section AND you can also view zone statistics of the available deals from every area in a venue.
- We guarantee you will save when you buy your The Gin Game tickets through us because we list the best deals and last minute specials for you first! All of this at no extra cost!
The Gin Game Ticket News
6-24-15: It's been nearly 50 years since James Earl Jones and Cecily Tyson performed together on Broadway, but the pair returns to the Great White Way this fall for a limited engagement production of "The Gin Game", the American drama created by Donald L. Coburn and revived for 2015 by Leonard Foglia. Being held at The John Golden Theatre, the play will begin previews on September 18 and officially open on October 13. It will run on Broadway through January 10. Theatergoers hoping to get out to see an upcoming performance can order advance tickets through the exclusive Citi cardmember portal via telechargeroffers.com now through July 5, 2015 using the code "GGCITI624".
The Gin Game on Broadway Schedule
The Gin Game starts September 21 at John Golden Theatre and will continue through January 10, 2016.
The Gin Game History
Created by playwright and American dramatist Donald L. Coburn, "The Gin Game" first premiered at American Theater in Los Angeles in 1976. The two-person, two-act play centers on characters Weller Martin and Fonsia Dorsey, two senior citizens who live at the same nursing home. Neither seems to have any friends in their living confines, which perhaps further attracts the two together.
As the pair’s friendship grows, Weller begins to teach Fonsia how to play gin rummy. After just several games, Weller realizes Fonsia is a natural and soon cannot win a game even when he tries to. While the two continue to play they indulge in more series conversations and soon begin to take stabs at each other’s personal lives. The games grow increasingly competitive with each round and the friendship soon turns hostile, resorting to humiliation at each chance they get.
Starring James Jones and Cicely Tyson in the 2015 Broadway adaptation, “The Gin Game” will begin previews at the Golden Theatre on September 18 and officially open on October 13. It will run for a limited eight-week engagement on Broadway through January 10, 2016. The revival will be produced by Leonard Foglia, who directed his last Broadway production in 2009 with “LET ME DOWN EASY”. Jones and Tyson last shared the Broadway stage in 1966’s production of “A Hand is On The Gate”, which was performed at the Longacre Theatre.