The Romantics News
5-22-15: The band from Detroit, the Romantics first formed back in 1976 and the group is still going strong currently on a North American leg of their with more dates added to their schedule as later in the year they will team up with Rick Springfield and Loverboy for a late summer tour.
The Romantics Performance Videos
A Few Good Reasons to Buy The Romantics Tickets on TicketIQ.com
You can discover a number of incredible deals on The Romantics tickets for every date of the band’s North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your The Romantics tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on The Romantics’s North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your The Romantics tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your The Romantics tickets compared to the average market price if they feature the Gold IQ seal.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your The Romantics tickets through TicketIQ.
The Romantics Discography
The Romantics (1980)
National Breakout (1980)
Strictly Personal (1981)
In Heat (1983)
Rhythm Romance (1985)
The Romantics Tour Dates
2015 Tour with Rick Springfield and Loverboy
8/29 — Atlanta, GA @ Delta Classic Chastain Park Amphitheater
8/30 — Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheater
9/2 — Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live
9/4 — Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
9/5 — Charlotte, NC @ Uptown Amphitheater
9/10 — Chicago, IL @ First Merit Bank at Northerly Island
9/11 — Cleveland, OH @ Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
9/12 — Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata
9/13 — Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
9/16 — Westbury, NY @ NYCB Theater
9/17 — Bethlehem, PA @ Sands Event Center
9/18 — Detroit, MI @ Freedom Hill
9/20 — Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavilion
9/22 — Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
9/23 — Oklahoma City, OK @ Zoo Amphitheatre
The Romantics Biography
The Romantics a power pop band first formed in 1976 and the group has gone through a number lineup changes but the original cast consisted of Lead vocalist Wally Palmer, vocalist Mike Skill, bassist and backing vocalist Rich Cole and drummer Jimmy Marinos and all of the four band members made song contributions to the group. However, Palmar and Skill were considered to be the band’s lead members. The band started out displaying their music at local and regional gigs in Detroit and the Midwest and the original lineup of the group recorded their self-titled debut album and was released in September of 1979 and spawn a hit single called “What I Like About You” which reached number 49 in the US Chart and reached number 2 in Australia where the band was much more popular. The group had some lineup changes after the release of the second album “National Break” in in 1981. More lineup changes came but the Romantics enjoyed their best commercial success with the release of the album “In Heat” in 1983. The album reached gold status in the United States selling 500,000 copies and sold as much as 900,000. The album had top ten singles and had global success in many other countries such as Canada, Australia, Germany, South Africa, and many other countries. The Romantics have since released two more studio albums and the band continues to play live concerts and there are plans for the group to release new original recordings.