The Yardbirds Bio
Responsible for launching the careers of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page, The Yardbirds were one of the most important and influential guitar bands of the 60s. Formed in 1963, the original line-up of vocalist Keith Relf, guitarists Anthony Topham and Chris Dreja, bassist Paul Samwell-Smith and drummer Jim McCarty quickly attracted attention on their homeland’s rhythm and blues scene when they succeeded The Rolling Stones as the house band at Richmond’s Crawdaddy Club. After Eric Clapton replaced Topham in the first of many line-up changes, the group signed to EMI Columbia and recorded their first LP, Five Live Yardbirds, at London’s Marquee Club in 1964. The band then enjoyed their first taste of mainstream success when the 1965 single, “For Your Love,” hit the Top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic. but frustrated by the band’s apparent commercial approach, Clapton announced his departure in the week of its release. Jeff Beck would prove to be The Yardbirds’ second virtuoso guitarist when he joined shortly after, with his use of distortion, feedback and fuzz tones adding an experimental edge to their classic bluesy sound. The group continued to rack up the hits with the likes of “Heart Full of Soul,” “Shapes of Things” and a cover of Bo Diddley’s “I’m A Man,” before releasing their only album composed of entirely original material, Over Under Sideways Down, in 1966. Following Samwell-Smith’s departure, the band reshuffled and added future Led Zeppelin guitar hero Jimmy Page to their line-up. However, this dream team didn’t last long and shortly after a memorable big-screen appearance in Blowup and the recording of psychedelic rock classic, “Happenings Ten Years Time Ago,” an increasingly unreliable Beck was sacked. 1967’s underperforming Little Games proved to be their swansong, and after fulfilling their tour duties, the group called it a day in the summer of 1968. The band’s reputation as blues-rock pioneers grew considerably over the next three decades thanks to the ongoing success of Clapton, Beck and Page’s post-Yardbirds careers, and in 1992, the group was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. In 2003, Dreja and McCarty put together a new incarnation of The Yardbirds for a brand new studio effort, Birdland, and a world tour, and remain a popular live draw on the nostalgic rock circuit.
Why To Buy The Yardbirds Tickets On TicketIQ
You can discover a number of incredible deals on The Yardbirds tickets for every date on their North American tour with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your The Yardbirds tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most established ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every date on The Yardbirds’ North American tour. Simply choose the show you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your The Yardbirds tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- We provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- Our view zone statistics allow you to discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue
- You can save up to 50% on your The Yardbirds tickets compared to the average market price.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your The Yardbirds tickets through TicketIQ.