Based on the novel by Alice Walker, “The Color Purple” Broadway musical first debuted at the Broadway theatre in New York City in 2005. After over 30 previews and 910 regular performances, the musical closed in February of 2008. The Broadway production has grossed over 103 million and earning eleven 2006 Tony Awards nominations and by 2007 earned its first National tour. After touring extensively around the US after closing down on Broadway, a revival was announced for the musical with Jennifer Hudson making her Broadway debut in the role of Shug and Cynthia Erivo will star as Celie. Previews begin on November 9 with the opening show on December 3 at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre.
You can discover a number of incredible deals on The Color Purple tickets for every performance with TicketIQ.
- TicketIQ is a comprehensive source of information which allows you to choose your The Color Purple tickets for the best possible price through the industry’s most reputable ticket sellers.
- We provide a list of every game on The Color Purple’s schedule. Simply choose the performance you wish to attend and the best purchasing method for you.
- You can bid for your The Color Purple tickets through a number of different online auctions, with the tickets going to the highest bidder, or you can purchase them at a fixed price.
- TicketIQ also enables you to make an offer with some of our ticketing partners based on our recommended discount to price list. If your offer is accepted, then the tickets are yours.
- You can discover all of the available deals from every area in your chosen venue using our view zone statistics.
- We also provide 3D seating previews which show you exactly where you are sitting and exactly what you are paying for.
- You can save up to 50% on your The Color Purple tickets compared to the average market price.
- TicketIQ’s e-ticket filters allow you to save on shipping costs and take advantage of some incredible last-minute deals.
- We guarantee you will save money if you buy your The Color Purple tickets through TicketIQ
The Color Purple News
6-22-15: Tickets will be going on sale on June 22 for upcoming Broadway Revival The Color Purple starring Academy Award Winner Jennifer Hudson. Production previews for the show begin on November 10 with the official opening on December 10 at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theater.
The Color Purple Live Performance Videos
The Color Purple on Broadway Schedule
Monday - 8 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Tuesday - 8 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Wednesday - 7 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Thursday - 7 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Friday - 8 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Saturday - 2 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
Saturday - 8 PM at Bernard Jacobs Theatre
The Color Purple History
Jennifer Hudson makes her Broadway debut as Shug Avery in the John Doyle’s production of The Color Purple. This musical revival is sure to make a smash once again on Broadway as it has done all around the country as well as in Vienna and London. The production had its start in Atlanta, GA where it soon opened on Broadway at The Broadway Theatre in 2005 produced by Oprah Winfrey, Scott Sanders, and Roy Furman. The show was then brought on the road on three US Tours in 2007, 2010 and 2012. It will make its return to Broadway at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre in November 2015. The original Broadway production was nominated for 11 Tony Awards and won for Best Performance by a Leading actress in a Musical.
We follow Celie as she goes through her childhood struggles and joys to discover the power of love and life. An unforgettable story of adversity and enduring love, this musical revival of The Color Purple is based off the novel by Alice Walker which won the Pulitzer Prize in 1983.